What is the best war game out there right now?

Canadaready

These are buyable in Canada I would assume...

if you download a programme called Steam you can buy red orchestra online (tu)

Oh nice one. Whats it about? Historical or fictional?

It's set on the eastern front in world war 2 apparently, I've heard off of a few mates that's its brilliant fun.

Plus there's online play!

It's set on the eastern front in world war 2 apparently, I've heard off of a few mates that's its brilliant fun.

I will have to try it out then. I like the Pacific Theatre of Operations the best to play though.

I will have to try it out then. I like the Pacific Theatre of Operations the best to play though.

you will deffo get a demo somewhere mate :)

Armed Assault, from what I understand, is one of the most authentic war games out there. If you want gritty and real, apparently you can't do better than it.

Armed Assault, from what I understand, is one of the most authentic war games out there. If you want gritty and real, apparently you can't do better than it.

That's what the developers say, but I doubt that in real life you have to take about 10 seconds to make a 360° spin, right ? :P

The game is crap, if you want realistic war games: Operation Flashpoint.

A new strategy game that will come out soon (I played the beta) wich is also very good: World in Conflict.

Insurgency MOD u can download if u have a Steam Account, 1 bullet in the chest and ur dead, most realistic middle east FPS shooter out there at the moment

Anyone played America's Army online? It's completely free to download and I think it's excellent. Was originally developed to give users an insight to what being in the Army is like...But it's a great game.

Red Orchestra's the best FPS war game around. Not 100% sim but close enough to still be fun. A lot of user-created maps too.

That's what the developers say, but I doubt that in real life you have to take about 10 seconds to make a 360° spin, right ? :P

The game is crap, if you want realistic war games: Operation Flashpoint.

A new strategy game that will come out soon (I played the beta) wich is also very good: World in Conflict.

Armed Assault isn't crap. It's made by the people that made Flashpoint. It's pretty much exactly the same game with better graphics. It takes as long as Doom 3 and HL2 to do a 360 turn :P

You need a good PC to run it smoothly though.

Depends what your after CR.

If it's strategy then I'd go for Company of Heroes and I know you like Age oF Empires so you'll definitely like CoH.

If it's a first person shooter you're after you have two choices. If it's purely gameplay you're after then Counterstrike Source is the game for you. Online gaming for instant hits available with Steam as your man said.

If it's story based single player first person shooter then the new Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Release Date: November 05) or Medal of honor: airborne (Release Date: September 04) will be the games for you.

• 3 weeks later...

ArmA is pish danny,seriously,i had it installed played for a day then uninstalled and sold my copy,you want a game full of bugs and pish gameplay then its no bad i suppose :P

i sometimes play americas army online but its a counter strike rip off imo and ive got counter strike so i just play that,better graphics,gameplay and all round better game.

medal of honor airborne is the newest war game to come out,and its class,graphics are unreal,gameplay could be better but decent :)

but my old favourite medal of honor:allied assault has to be the best ww2 game ever released,gameplay = amazing ,graphics(at the time)= amazing and is still played online everyday by thousands of people all over the world,there still plenty of leagues and matches held too :)