Paul Le Guen

davyh27

I have a certain sympathy for PLG, alot of us dont agree with things he has done but , he has moved his family to a new culture ,new schools for his kids etc, is still getiing to grips with the language and is under extreme pressure.

I ask the question , given that none of us, other than BF and PLG know exactly what has been said, what has gone on etc, is there no circumstances in which he would have been correct to treat Ferguson this way. Ultimately he is the person who controls team affairs and will succeed or fail by what he does in the long run.

If Barry as PLG said was undermining him then he has my support in his decision , and if not Barry has my support but the fact is we dont know at the moment.

Just my thoughts and I totaly respect anyone who differs on this, thats what a forum is about I suppose.

Cheers , good new year to you all!!

I have a certain sympathy for PLG, alot of us dont agree with things he has done but , he has moved his family to a new culture ,new schools for his kids etc, is still getiing to grips with the language and is under extreme pressure.

I ask the question , given that none of us, other than BF and PLG know exactly what has been said, what has gone on etc, is there no circumstances in which he would have been correct to treat Ferguson this way. Ultimately he is the person who controls team affairs and will succeed or fail by what he does in the long run.

If Barry as PLG said was undermining him then he has my support in his decision , and if not Barry has my support but the fact is we dont know at the moment.

Just my thoughts and I totaly respect anyone who differs on this, thats what a forum is about I suppose.

Barry is the man.

I think that Barry probably did undermine him, after he felt things started to go wrong. PLG is now using that as a way to get rid of him, he may be hoping to raise extra transfer funds for himself in the process.

What an excellent post you made and its so refreshing to see someone give a fair opinion. If time does tell and ferguson was interfering in tactics then support to PLG but still angry that ferguson might never play again

personally I feel barry will apologise soon enough, and a lot of the fans will feel like idiots. Le Guen does not seem the kind of character to act out of order, and, as we have seen, has acted extremely calm under a lot of pressure. On the contrary, ferguson we all know is a passionate hot-headed character (which makes him a great CAPTAIN and leader ON THE PITCH), but who also may act on impulse and get easily frustrated.

We might not know the exact facts of this situation or the actions or words exchanged, but if you look at each person's history and their agenda's, their ego's and all the rest of it (I believe Le guen still has the desire to further prove his worth as he is a young manager with a promising future)...Le guen I would believe to act calmly and try to do his best as a manager, whereas ferguson may believe he knows whats best for the club and get frustrated if he feels he is being ignored. In my opinion, the manager should always have power over the players, anything threatening this pecking order should be dealt with accordingly, otherwise the club comes across as a joke, and no manager would want to come near a situation where he will feel his control is likely to be undermined easily (look at Hearts' situation....and thats with the chairman, not a player of the bloody team ffs...) in summary, when a managers power starts to get undermined, the entire club falls down a slippery slope.

barry ferguson is a great player and captain for the club and I rate and respect him as much as the next fan, but surely people understand that in a crisis situation, the manager's control is key?

unfortunately I think 99% of the board will disagree. but right now this is what I think.

I will not say that BF has done nothing wrong however, I had my doubts about PLG's abilities before this news broke. He continued to play a formation that was suited to European (or French) style football despite the poor results and obviousness that it just did not work in Scotland. He had a poor choice over the goalkeeper, one that he back tracked on and I for one believe this was due to the pressure from fans and even perhaps the Chairperson (speculation only). He wanted to rid the club of Novo, who was in poor form last season after his injury, but who this season has come good. He seemed to doubt Boyd's ability despite the statistics. And now Ferguson.

The list may be so long that we can't be bothered even posting it come the end of the season.

personally I feel barry will apologise soon enough, and a lot of the fans will feel like idiots.  Le Guen does not seem the kind of character to act out of order, and, as we have seen, has acted extremely calm under a lot of pressure.  On the contrary,  ferguson we all know is a passionate hot-headed character (which makes him a great CAPTAIN and leader ON THE PITCH), but who also may act on impulse and get easily frustrated.

We might not know the exact facts of this situation or the actions or words exchanged, but if you look at each person's history and their agenda's, their ego's and all the rest of it (I believe Le guen still has the desire to further prove his worth as he is a young manager with a promising future)...Le guen I would believe to act calmly and try to do his best as a manager, whereas ferguson may believe he knows whats best for the club and get frustrated if he feels he is being ignored.  In my opinion, the manager should always have power over the players, anything threatening this pecking order should be dealt with accordingly, otherwise the club comes across as a joke, and no manager would want to come near a situation where he will feel his control is likely to be undermined easily (look at Hearts' situation....and thats with the chairman, not a player of the bloody team ffs...)  in summary, when a managers power starts to get undermined, the entire club falls down a slippery slope. 

barry ferguson is a great player and captain for the club and I rate and respect him as much as the next fan, but surely people understand that in a crisis situation, the manager's control is key? 

unfortunately I think 99% of the board will disagree.  but right now this is what I think.

I think, if PLG were in a situation where his ability was not being question, I would agree with the above 100%. Alot of the fans backing Barry is partly down to the fact that he is one of the true Rangers men at the club at this point in time, but most of the backing is coming because of the fact that PLG has not proved himself to be a competent manager to the bears, and they are siding with BF as he must see it even more clearly on a day to day basis.

I think people were doubting PLG before this happened, to many players seemed to fall out of grace with the man then Fergie has done or said something through frustration probably and PLG has spat it big time. We do not have a manager who leads by example or has put a winning team on the pitch his signings have been poor and the team has no shape. What is it that is so hard to see about the way the team is performing that PLG cant fix it.

The thing is, whatever Barry was doing that PLG didn't like would have been 100% for the benefit of the club.

Fergie's one of us, went to my secondary school and he wouldn't do a thing to harm Rangers. If he was trying to drum up support against PLG, then who would disagree that it wouldn't be a positive move for the club?

Fergie wouldnt do that?

If Fergie s**t in some fans hands and told them it was a chocolate bar they would believe it.

Barry undermimed Dick Advocaat

Barry undermimed Berti Vogts

Barry undermimed Alex McLeish and now.....

Barry has undermimed Paul Le Guen.

Doing it for 100% benefit of the fans, club is b******, he did it for himself, he thinks he is Rangers and PLG has brought him down a peg or 2.

Fergie wouldnt do that?

If Fergie s**t in some fans hands and told them it was a chocolate bar they would believe it.

Doing it for 100% benefit of the fans, club is b******, he did it for himself, he thinks he is Rangers and PLG has brought him down a peg or 2.

Where do you get this crap?

Parkhead?

For a Gers fan you seem to have a very strange view of a guy who was deemed good enough to captain his team and his country.

Disgruntled Bear? What the feck does that mean exactly?

Are you never happy with Rangers?

doh

Fergie wouldnt do that?

to me ferguson is Rangers out of the whole squad he is the one who gives the most and runs himself into the ground/playing with injuries in ourcurrent squad,

as i have said in an earlier post i belive he feel PLG doesnt have a clue and as a CAPTAIN barry is trying to rally the troops, but PLG is sofar up his own arse he cant see thats how it works.

Fergie wouldnt do that?

to me ferguson is Rangers out of thwe whole squad he is the one who gives the most and runs himself into the ground/playing with injuries in ourcurrent squad,

as i have said in an earlier post i belive he feel PLG doesnt have a clue and as a CAPTAIN barry is trying to rally the troops, but PLG is sofar up his own arse he cant see thats how it works.

Agreed (tu)

personally I feel barry will apologise soon enough, and a lot of the fans will feel like idiots. Le Guen does not seem the kind of character to act out of order, and, as we have seen, has acted extremely calm under a lot of pressure. On the contrary, ferguson we all know is a passionate hot-headed character (which makes him a great CAPTAIN and leader ON THE PITCH), but who also may act on impulse and get easily frustrated.

We might not know the exact facts of this situation or the actions or words exchanged, but if you look at each person's history and their agenda's, their ego's and all the rest of it (I believe Le guen still has the desire to further prove his worth as he is a young manager with a promising future)...Le guen I would believe to act calmly and try to do his best as a manager, whereas ferguson may believe he knows whats best for the club and get frustrated if he feels he is being ignored. In my opinion, the manager should always have power over the players, anything threatening this pecking order should be dealt with accordingly, otherwise the club comes across as a joke, and no manager would want to come near a situation where he will feel his control is likely to be undermined easily (look at Hearts' situation....and thats with the chairman, not a player of the bloody team ffs...) in summary, when a managers power starts to get undermined, the entire club falls down a slippery slope.

unfortunately I think 99% of the board will disagree. but right now this is what I think.

This is a good post mate.

I started a poll the other day before this broke, should Le Guen go or not, my vote was for him to go.

However if and as you say we dont know the FACTS yet, Ferguson was a disruptive influence-no matter how good a player he is, then the manager is right.

If the club let Ferguson go on loan-then I dont thinl Le Guen has the backing of Murray- that would be a suck it and see move and for me would be the worst thing to do.

The club either get the two to make up and Barry to toe the line or he is transfered and Le Guen gets the money to strengthen the team.

personally I feel barry will apologise soon enough, and a lot of the fans will feel like idiots.  Le Guen does not seem the kind of character to act out of order, and, as we have seen, has acted extremely calm under a lot of pressure.  On the contrary,  ferguson we all know is a passionate hot-headed character (which makes him a great CAPTAIN and leader ON THE PITCH), but who also may act on impulse and get easily frustrated.

We might not know the exact facts of this situation or the actions or words exchanged, but if you look at each person's history and their agenda's, their ego's and all the rest of it (I believe Le guen still has the desire to further prove his worth as he is a young manager with a promising future)...Le guen I would believe to act calmly and try to do his best as a manager, whereas ferguson may believe he knows whats best for the club and get frustrated if he feels he is being ignored.  In my opinion, the manager should always have power over the players, anything threatening this pecking order should be dealt with accordingly, otherwise the club comes across as a joke, and no manager would want to come near a situation where he will feel his control is likely to be undermined easily (look at Hearts' situation....and thats with the chairman, not a player of the bloody team ffs...)  in summary, when a managers power starts to get undermined, the entire club falls down a slippery slope. 

unfortunately I think 99% of the board will disagree.  but right now this is what I think.

This is a good post mate.

I started a poll the other day before this broke, should Le Guen go or not, my vote was for him to go.

However if and as you say we dont know the FACTS yet, Ferguson was a disruptive influence-no matter how good a player he is, then the manager is right.

If the club let Ferguson go on loan-then I dont thinl Le Guen has the backing of Murray- that would be a suck it and see move and for me would be the worst thing to do.

The club either get the two to make up and Barry to toe the line or he is transfered and Le Guen gets the money to strengthen the team.

Yes to both (tu)

But what are the chances of an amicable handshake between PLg and Baz? Is Baz's ego to big now that the world knows he cried his eyes out? (RE: Billy dodds)