Rankings

MisterC

I wonder where we will be when we win our next 3 matches, especially after Italy, seeing that we are now above the Ukraine in the ratings.

If we keep performing as we have done then we might leapfrog England soon! :rolleyes:

On recent form we are better than England. How many top teams have they beaten in compettitve action recently? None I can think of. They had the easiest WC group and got Ecuador in the 2nd round. We have beaten France twice in the past year, home and away, when did they last beat the French I wonder?

only 1 point of 13th and within touching distance of the few places ahead

Where did you learn that?

FIFA website. has full lists with points etc. we have 1025 points. Mexico in 13th have 1026.

Cheers! (tu)

Link to table if anyone is interested.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/...ullranking.html

great news for all of scottish football, and may we continue to rise.

i live in england and ive gotta say its been nice to actually say to the england supporters that we're doin better than them (in qualifcation) becasue for too long hav i had to put up with them takin the piss out of me 4 supporting scotland.

Whether they admit it or not, they hav stood up and are taking notice of us, as i think many other nations hav!

Here is something I have been wondering over the last few weeks.....

Italy and France (if they go through) would be two of the top seeds in the draw for the groups for Euro '08. However should we progress at the expense of either Italy or France will we be seeded for the draw in their absence? (I don't think we will be but I might be mistaken)

Italy and France (if they go through) would be two of the top seeds in the draw for the groups for Euro '08. However should we progress at the expense of either Italy or France will we be seeded for the draw in their absence? (I don't think we will be but I might be mistaken)

no i think we would be placed in a pot depending on our ranking i think. so if that was the case we'd be ranked 10th in europe and be in pot 3.

Do they go by seedings for the draw for the Euro finals, reason why I'm asking if that's the case how come in the qualifiers Italy and France were in the same group and they were 1 and 2 in the world?

the draw for euro qualifiers was done before the world cup so i dont know what the rankings were then but ill go and see if i can check on fifa.com

Do they go by seedings for the draw for the Euro finals, reason why I'm asking if that's the case how come in the qualifiers Italy and France were in the same group and they were 1 and 2 in the world?

the draw for euro qualifiers was done before the world cup so i dont know what the rankings were then but ill go and see if i can check on fifa.com

That makes sense, cheers mate.

just checked the rankings before italy won the world cup and they were hovering between 12 and 14th for a whole year before they won the world cup so that will be why they were 2nd seeds for the euro qualifiers.

just checked the rankings before italy won the world cup and they were hovering between 12 and 14th for a whole year before they won the world cup so that will be why they were 2nd seeds for the euro qualifiers.

Never realised Italy were ever that low, they have almost improved as much of Scotland. :rolleyes:

no i think we would be placed in a pot depending on our ranking i think. so if that was the case we'd be ranked 10th in europe and be in pot 3.

Its dependent on ranking AND performance the previous few tournaments...which we've not been in, hence hte pot 4 this time round

doesnt performance in qualification campaigns count aswell? reason why that 3-0 win over slovenia was important as we then finished 3rd in our world cup qualifying group.

Its dependent on ranking AND performance the previous few tournaments...which we've not been in, hence hte pot 4 this time round

doesnt performance in qualification campaigns count aswell? reason why that 3-0 win over slovenia was important as we then finished 3rd in our world cup qualifying group.

I think its performance from qualifying day 1 right through. So finishing 3rd in qualifying group and not getting a chance to play the rest of hte games doesnt really do much for the team

its all we've got though so we havent been in a tournament since 98 :lol: