Yet another great article

cooper1989

This is an excellent article. Le guen made a lot of his signings based on videos and went into rangers with tackity boots and tbh i am glad he has gone. Do feel sorry for him tho but glad he has moved on . Also the fact that he wanted out in September makes me think he wanted out so early because of the PSG job becoming vacant doesn't sound too promising either

From L'Equipe. Bad, very bad translation. As we clearly thought, the Frenchies would blame Barry, the fans, the country, the weather...

Paul Guen left Thursday his functions of trainer within the Scottish club of Glasgow Rangers by "mutual assent". The French, made this summer, was very criticized by the supporteurs, but also by a part of his players, who made it responsible for the average results of his team. Rangers already conceded six defeats of 23 matches and their second place with the classification cannot mask the variation (17 points) which separate them from the leader, Celtic Glasgow, historical rival of Rangers. In an interview with the Team of Wednesday, Paul Guen could still believe to have left victorious his iron arm with his captaine, Barry Ferguson, leader of the sling and drawn aside from the team by the Breton one. It is thus him which makes finally the expenses of the estrangement. Paul Guen establishes a not very enviable record: while remaining only seven months in place, there becomes the most transitory trainer of the history of the Scottish club. In an initial reaction, the former trainer of Lyon made share of his disappointment: "I am disappointed to leave the club but I think that it is the best solution for all the people concerned. I would like to thank all those which helped me during my stay in Scotland, like my team ". To rebound in Paris-SG? The departure of Guen is accompanied by that of its assistant Yves Colleu. The team first will be dealt with by the trainer of the reserve, Iain Durrant, while waiting for the appointment of a successor. The selector shelled Walters Smith and the predecessor of Guen, Alex McLeish are evoked, like another former holder of the station, Graeme Souness. The rumours on an arrival of Guen in Paris-SG are likely to be started again by this departure. Questioned on the vexations of its fellow-member, Guy Lacombe, the trainer of the Parisian club, briefly commented what it called "a Scottish history": "It is not spring of Paris SG. I know well Paul, I appreciate it, I know that it also appreciates me ", explained the Parisian trainer. Bernard Lacombe, adviser special of president de Lyon, does not have a inqui?tude for the future of his former partner: "It is well if Paul could return in the Championship of France, at least there would be a large French trainer. I think that it will not remain a long time at the pithead, can be even before the end of this season ".

Being totally honest and NOT a PLG fanboy...

On paper his signings seemed fine, so you can't blame him too much.

Sionko - played for Czech at the WC.

Svensson - captain of his team and part of the Sweden squad - young.

Clement - was with him at Lyon so knew of his talent.

N'Daiye - looked solid when he played in the Partizn match.

Papac was bought quickly since we only had Smith for left-back.

Sebo's not played two 90 mins in a row yet.

Being totally honest and NOT a PLG fanboy...

On paper his signings seemed fine, so you can't blame him too much.

Sionko - played for Czech at the WC.

Svensson - captain of his team and part of the Sweden squad - young.

Clement - was with him at Lyon so knew of his talent.

N'Daiye - looked solid when he played in the Partizn match.

Papac was bought quickly since we only had Smith for left-back.

Sebo's not played two 90 mins in a row yet.

Your entitled to say your peace but didn't rate his signings , thought clement was overated, letizi was a joke , same with sebo, papac , not sure about svenssen and sionko , the latter 2 might improve in time