Heavenly Sword

brissyger

Anyone played it? Just got the new 40GB PS3 last week without realising it's not backwards compatible which pissed me off at first but I figured once I got some cool PS3 games it wouldn't matter anyway. Went and got, Resistance:Fall of Man, Rainbow Six:Vegas, Virtua Fighter 5, FIFA 08 and Heavenly Sword. The others are pretty good but I think Heavenly Sword is the best game out at the moment on PS3 (given there's not much choice yet). Great graphics, cutscenes, storyline can be a bit camp but it's still ok and the gameplay is really engaging. You can battle dozens of people at the same time using a God of War style fighting system and in some levels you can shoot with the cannon or bow and guide the missile to it's target using the sixaxis. It's pretty addictive.

What do you mean it's not backwards compatible?

You can download upgrades to allow you to play PS1 & PS2 games if this is what you're on about, the play station website has all the details.

As for Heavenly Sword I've been tempted to buy this game and with your wee right up I might get it now.

Everything I've read says that to be BC the PS3's needed some sort of chip or something I can't recall the name of and the new models don't have that. They say they removed it because later purchasers of the PS3 don't care about it anyway and there is a greater selection of PS3 titles to choose from now. The option isn't even open for us here in Australia anymore as Sony have discontinued the old models. I was a little ticked off coz I sold my ps2 to get the new one but my girlfriend has one anyway so I'll just play my old games on that.

i was looking at heavenly sword but it looks like a game (to me) which i would get bored of easily. ive got Fifa, motorstorm and F1 until assassins creed comes out (and my warhawk arrives)

Tbf there aren't a lot of RPG games out there that you can play through more than once. This game is fun but I've only had it a few days so might get bored with it after I've played it through. Assasin's Creed look's unreal and it's environmental interactivity means it's gonna be playable over and over again. Some great titles coming out over the next month, looking forward to that one, Guitar Hero III, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and Need for Speed Pro-Street. Can't wait til GTA 4 as well but still some months off for that one.