*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

dammit, dammit, dammit!!!

Sevilla offered the 7.5M i wanted for Cuellar but i rejected it cos it was all clauses and stuck it up to £10M. Now theyve offered the £10M and david murray has accepted :( i just got navarro on a free but my defence requires 3 centrebacks and i dont want to have to play broadfoot :(

edit: i just checked and it was £10M hard cash :ohmy: and now hes gone :(

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a new one with Arsenal and set myself a challenge of not signing anyone to see how well I could do.

But after a few weeks I got long term injuries to Rosicky, Lehmann and Eduardo so I needed replacements.

I brought in Julio Baptista, Gudjohnsen and Quim on loan as back ups, and now I'm doing quite well.

I'm top of the league after 9 games, winning 8 and loosing 1.

:)

Sevilla offered the 7.5M i wanted for Cuellar but i rejected it cos it was all clauses and stuck it up to £10M. Now theyve offered the ?10M and david murray has accepted :( i just got navarro on a free but my defence requires 3 centrebacks and i dont want to have to play broadfoot :(

edit: i just checked and it was ?10M hard cash :ohmy: and now hes gone :(

Broadfoot gets amazing, after 2 years at my gers he waas the best defender in the squad <cr>

Sevilla offered the 7.5M i wanted for Cuellar but i rejected it cos it was all clauses and stuck it up to £10M. Now theyve offered the ?10M and david murray has accepted :( i just got navarro on a free but my defence requires 3 centrebacks and i dont want to have to play broadfoot :(

edit: i just checked and it was ?10M hard cash :ohmy: and now hes gone :(

Broadfoot gets amazing, after 2 years at my gers he waas the best defender in the squad <cr>

hes slow though. its no worries now though, i bought edson, spiranovic and got navarro on a free and i ve still got espinoza and broadfoot

Can someone give me a link to any updates or patches - Just bought today so downloaded it, ran it then went to check for updates and the official site said there was one but not in their database.. weird eh ?

Plus any recommendations for my Rangers game I will begin once I get the update are welcome.

i just got the game at xmas and have started a game with blackburn. i have managed to get £7m out of bayern munich for ryan nelson and will be looking to spend that + the £2.5m i already have on hutton and sidwell, so anyone got a good suggestion of a centre back i could get on loan?

anyone got a good suggestion of a centre back i could get on loan?

Oleguer from Barca is sometimes available on loan if his squad status is set to back-up.

And although laughable, Gary Caldwell can be decent back-up.

If its just a center half you want without spending money, try the center half from CSKA Moscow.

Hope this helps.

Oleguer from Barca is sometimes available on loan if his squad status is set to back-up.

If its just a center half you want without spending money, try the center half from CSKA Moscow.

Hope this helps.

thanks (tu)

if you're meaning ignasevich then i think someome may have already got him on a free.

will certainly give oleguer a try, but if push comes to shove i might get caldwell :lol:

Hope this helps.

thanks (tu)

if you're meaning ignasevich then i think someome may have already got him on a free.

will certainly give oleguer a try, but if push comes to shove i might get caldwell :lol:

Aye, I think thats the Moscow defenders name... hes not bad.

i just got the game at xmas and have started a game with blackburn. i have managed to get £7m out of bayern munich for ryan nelson and will be looking to spend that + the £2.5m i already have on hutton and sidwell, so anyone got a good suggestion of a centre back i could get on loan?

sign dervite from spurs he is a MUST he become awesome may pick him upo cheap

if its a loan centre half your looking for then nordveit from arsenal is amazing for a 17 year old and he only gets better and better and you can sign him at end of loan for about 1m

yeah he looks good, a dont need any defenders got 4 good ch's dawson, king, breno, dervite

Just about to play my first group stage game with Rangers - against Man Utd at Old Trafford :( I'm on an unbeaten run of 10 or 11 games. Looks to be over. Top of the league with maximum points, same as the tic. Drew my two home qualifiers and Won my away ones - 2-0 and 6-2 !

Loving this game ! Absolutly fantastic. I love all the feedback available. Lets you know how your doing :)

Transfers In

Txitxo - 500k from Ossusuna (Ceullar recommended him and he's outstanding)

Danny Grainger - 80k from Gretna (Bargain of the century, fabulous player - the fans think i'm a genius)

Ross McCormack - £3m with clauses going to £5m from Well (Not bad - Injured now but)

Carlos Garcia - £6m from Almeria (A nice Spanish mate for Ceullar, the two are demon as Central defence partners)

Transfers Out

Charlie Adam - £2m to Charlton (Surplus to requirements with Beasley there and decent enough back-ups)

Sasa Papac - £1.6m to Wigan (Needed money to bring in Garcia and Grainger was playing immense)

Got out of the game and looked at Match Confidence - Rembering this is Man Utd at Old Trafford !

'The fans were dissapointed with the result blah blah

The were dissapointed with the amount of chances Manchester United were able to make'

FS !! Tough crowd huh ?

Just started a season with Arsenal

My first team is

GK: Lukasz Fabianski

DL: Gael Clichy

DR: Emmanuel Eboue

DC: William Gallas

DC: Kolo Toure

ML: Tomas Rosicky

MR: Theo Walcott

MC: Cesc Fabregas

MC: Giovani Dos Santos (Brilliant Signing - Recommended)

FC: Emmanuel Adebayor

FC: Robin Van Persie

Played 10 games - Won 7 of which and sitting top of the league :)

My first team is

How did you get Dos Santos?

My first team is

How did you get Dos Santos?

His value was £6.25 million, had to fork out £8 million....but he's worth every penny :)