*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

Doing well with Rangers.. played 24 in the league, won 21, drawn 3. only conceded 5.

Through to the last 16 of the CL, drew Chelsea :(

Darcheville is an absolute beast in this one, in other 08 games I;ve played he's been very poor, but this time he's scored 40 goals in 30 games.

darcheville is a complete beast i agree. I played him in a lone striker role and he got something like a goal a game throughout the season, although hes fading away in the second season and i got soren larsen who is also a beast

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never played a network game and widnae know how to set it up, sounds like fun though

Failing that would anyone like a challenge game?? Set a challenge for a few of us to see if we can do it, something like taking Dundee to premier league and winning it? or playing in the EPL as Derby and not getting relegated straight away?

game on, i challenge thee to go levante in the spanish 2nd division and try and win the the spanish 1st div after 4 years, no cheating such as adding new managers to buy your players for ridiculous prices etc or editing the game before you start

i tried a challenge with leeds but best i could get was 6th in the prem league after 4 years then didnt get my contract renewed after winning league 1 and the championship in consecutive seasons and getting two top half finishes in the prem in the 4th season i got them into europe and everything

Guest therabbitt

dont mean to be annoying, but I really dont like playing in Spain, maybe something in Scotland or England, too many foreigners everywhere else!

Guest therabbitt

Or place the current Rangers side into the English league (we could decide on what level - maybe third division) and get to premiership and win....

explain it then, because i've tried my Router IP, my Inet IP, the IP the game gives u, never works. Also opened up 10093-10094 ports in my router, even tried Himanchi to create a fake network to play, STILL doesn't work.

explain it then, because i've tried my Router IP, my Inet IP, the IP the game gives u, never works. Also opened up 10093-10094 ports in my router, even tried Himanchi to create a fake network to play, STILL doesn't work.

so you're hosting it?

Works for me, the only thing I had to do was open up the ports..

I won't insult your intelligence by asking if it's your firewall btw.. :harhar:

Ustari isn't expensive at all....... i have him in my Arsenal team, immense.

yeah on the original u can get for a few mil 4 or 5. but i put the update on and getafe wouldnt accept up to 18mil....(was just seeing how far they would go! )

ok thanks ill make sure that he's scouted

dean bouzanis is an excellent young keeper who will cost you next to fuck all and if you are in need of defensive midfielder damien plessis also from liverpool reserves will cost around 50k once you play him for 10 games or so his stats shoot up

I brought that gk to Rangers and he was great.

Bit random thought had 20 for eccentricity and would come up for corners every other game lol!

Ive never really had much problem getting keepers. Ben Foster comes really good, Craig Gordon is good as well but will cost you a lot unless Sunderland get relegated.