Italy will draw against Scotland

Boab

France coach Raymond Domenech has all but written off Scotland's chances of qualifying for Euro 2008.

Domenech does not believe Scotland can beat Italy at Hampden on 17 November, while he thinks France will pick up at least the point they need in Ukraine.

"In my opinion, Italy are going to get a draw in Scotland," he told the French Football Federation website.

"We should get a draw in Ukraine. We shouldn't have to wait for the results of other teams to motivate ourselves."

Italy are a point behind the Scots heading into their Group B clash, but they have a game in hand - against the Faroe Islands the following Wednesday.

An Italy win in Glasgow would see them and France make it through before their final matches.

A point at Hampden and a victory over the Faroes would also seal the world champions' passage to next summer's tournament.

However, a win for Alex McLeish's team would see Scotland reach the finals in Austria and Switzerland, with Italy missing out.

The Italians have never won on Scottish soil but they have drawn on two of their three visits.

France, who lead the qualifying section, despite two losses to Scotland, will progress no matter the result at Hampden if they pick up a point or more in Kiev on 21 November.

A draw would be good enough for Scotland, if France slip up against Ukraine or in the unlikely event of a Faroe Islands win in Italy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/7080859.stm

I thought if France lost and we drew then we would be above them on individual record. I guess that doesnt count and it is purely on goal difference. That is a shame, we will just have to win.

You are spot on Ben, it is based on the head to head's first not on goal difference.

I disagree with this, i think Italy will beat Scotland :P

:harhar: NOT!

Just have to agree to disagree :harhar:

When was the last time Italy managed to beat Scotland in Scotland? :rolleyes:

When was the last time Scotland played in a major cup competition....

Next Year! :D

Either by drawing against Italy and France getting beat, or beating Italy! :D

Next Year! :D

Either by drawing against Italy and France getting beat, or beating Italy! :D

After the Italy game your answer will be 1998 :harhar:

Unless its possible to still go through after a draw/defeat to Italy

PIB's comment is way more relevant than yours :pipehorse:

the views of our resident "italian" del juve :P

Its what im here for :pipe:

I thought it was to suffer abuse from all angles :pipe:

Not before i piss everyone off with my comments :pipe: ^_^

Then the abuse starts

You'd think losing twice to us would've opened his eyes a bit, but Domenech obviously still hasn't seen the light.

Och well, his lack of humility is his own cross to bear. We are capable of beating Italy, no matter what mind games that numpty tries to play - nothing is impossible.

And so, sayeth the Lord, it shall be done. :D

You'd think losing twice to us would've opened his eyes a bit, but Domenech obviously still hasn't seen the light.

Och well, his lack of humility is his own cross to bear. We are capable of beating Italy, no matter what mind games that numpty tries to play - nothing is impossible.

secretly, domenech wants us to win as he is, once again, providing us with the perfect amount of dressing room wall material :bouncy:

secretly, domenech wants us to win as he is, once again, providing us with the perfect amount of dressing room wall material :bouncy:

:beer2: