Can Novo play for Scotland?

ricksen_da_best

Novo has often said that once his career in Scotland is over he will return to Spain, not the talk of a man who harbour's thoughts of playing for Scotland.

He has also said he wants to finish his playing career at Rangers because he loves the club and fans so much, and as you said "once his career in Scotland is over", if given a contract extension his career won't be over, but if he isn't and is released then I can understand why he would want to move back to Spain as after playing for Rangers he wouldn't want to play for any other club in Britain!

This would be a slippery slope allowing average foreign players to play for the national team.....( reguardless of their wafer thin links to Scotland ).....if players were any good, they would be at least in their own countries squad......sloppy seconds ...nae chance. Novos been good in parts for RFC...but no point in getting carried away.....hes average.

I made a thread about this a wee while ago.He can play for Scotland, however as much as i love the wee guy i wouldnt like to see it happen. I dont agree with english people either, ( unless stevie g or joe cole wna change nationality ) :)

So who do you regard as English? The likes of Andy Goram, Bruce Rioch, Stuart McCall, Don Hutchinson?