Hatton Vs. Mayweather thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have liked to seen this fight, not really into boxing but after watching some of thos HBO's on sky and reading about the build up kinda got into it.Most of what i heard though was Hatton saying he was going to win etc.... :lol:

Good fight. Mayweather just too classy for Hatton. He should have finished it in the 8th but Hatton was hanging on for dear life.

Never thought Floyd would knock him out but thats why he is the champion. Best boxer iv ever seen in my lifetime.

Another huge fight?

Promoter Frank Warren is confident of closing a deal for new BBC Sports Personality of the Year Joe Calzaghe to fight American Bernard Hopkins in 2008.

Undisputed super-middleweight champion Calzaghe, 35, says he is ready to step up to light-heavy to face Hopkins.

Warren told BBC 5 Live: "We are very close to closing the deal and I hope within a week we will have it done.

"I'll be sitting down with Joe this week to discuss things. Both boxers want the fight."

Interview: Enzo Calzaghe (Joe Calzaghe's coach)

Calzaghe had been in Las Vegas to support Ricky Hatton as the Manchester fighter lost in the tenth round to Floyd Mayweather on Saturday.

Warren had earlier issued a statement that read: "I want the fight, the fans want the fight and HBO want the fight, so there's no reason for it not to happen."

606: DEBATE

After watching Hatton hit the world stage on Saturday, Calzaghe must want to be in the same position

krizz123

Welshman Calzaghe was involved in a slanging match with Hopkins at the MGM Grand last week after they went head-to-head at the weigh-in for Hatton v Mayweather.

"Coming face-to-face with Hopkins over the weekend made me want the fight even more," said Calzaghe.

"I'll go to America and take the fight, no problem at all. Bernard's a great fighter, but he's not as good as me.

"2007 has been a fantastic year for me, what with beating Kessler and then winning the BBC award on Sunday night.

"I've got my fingers crossed that 2008 will be even better, with a fight against Hopkins, and a win that will finally show everyone in America that I deserve all the praise I get."