Is right now the most consistent since WS's return?

Danny

The last time we actually played poorly was the second half V Hertz. Yup, we weren't absolutely outstanding V Motherwell but we were good enough.

It seems to me we're putting together the most meaningful run we've had since Smith came back - we are looking solid in every department - even midfield since that wonderful display at Hibs.

The team finally seems to be settled - and the 4-3-3 formation is working. Give or take the odd shuffle in personnel here and there, inevitable over the course of a season, does it seem like we've finally clicked?

Danny the difference for me has been the replacement in the wide areas of the pitch of McCulloch/Whittaker/Beasley (delete as appropriate) with Burke and Naismith.

The formation hasn't changed but the personnel has and we are seeing the fruition of a solid midfield 3 with pace on the wings.

But yes, we are playing better than we have at any other time under WS since he came back.

My worry is if LMc or Whittaker gets back in.

evens

Danny the difference for me has been the replacement in the wide areas of the pitch of McCulloch/Whittaker/Beasley (delete as appropriate) with Burke and Naismith.

tbf Whittaker was dropped months ago from that position. And DMB was playing well. He just wasn't producing what we thought he was going to. LM - agreed - offered nothing on the wing.

The formation hasn't changed but the personnel has and we are seeing the fruition of a solid midfield 3 with pace on the wings.

But yes, we are playing better than we have at any other time under WS since he came back.

My worry is if LMc or Whittaker gets back in.

I don't follow - he's started the last 5 games or so?

Sorry Danny let me clarify. My worry would be if Lee or Whittaker got back in on the left or right sides of midfield. What I'm saying is that Burke and Naismith have offered something different there that nobody else has on a consistent basis - the ability to beat a man with pace and drive.

evens

beasley would thrive in the new position with a sustained run, dmb produced more in his first few games for the club than steven naismith did and look how well stevie has done with a sustained run.

Was thinking about this today and for me apart from Whitaker at left back is this our strongest 11 we've put out in the last couple of games ? I'm still not convinced about Cousin and a fit JCd would probably start instead of Cousin but Naismith and Burke have stepped up to the plate the last couple of games and so I do not see how Mcculloch will walk back in the team but I bet Walter will put him straight in or use him off the bench a couple times then back in from the start