The Lack Of Singing Today

Where we were (where the away fans normally sit) there was alot of singing, then again, there always is around the band. Its hard to tell what the atmosphere is like around the rest of the ground abd i noticed no lack of singing.

Atmosphere in the East Enclosure was really good yesterday but the guys infront me were told to stop singin Derry's Walls as it was deemed sectarian by the rock steady supervisor so when Boruc had crossed himself (not for the 1st time) the guys turned round to supervisor and said to them "wot about that is that not gonna cause a riot 1day" polis just told them to shutup

Is the cry was no surrender actually banned?

I dont think it is, it doesnt contain anything like the billy boys.

Yesterday was the first time i have sung it all season, more through fear of losing my season ticket. Its bad when you feel that way. But i cant see how its banned.

Bloody hope not.

Atmosphere in the East Enclosure was really good yesterday but the guys infront me were told to stop singin Derry's Walls as it was deemed sectarian by the rock steady supervisor so when Boruc had crossed himself (not for the 1st time) the guys turned round to supervisor and said to them "wot about that is that not gonna cause a riot 1day" polis just told them to shutup

Where in the East Enclosure are you mate? I sit there too and remember people getting told not too sing it but that just made them do it all the more. I felt the atmosphere was alright where i was but nothing compared to previous OF games where there is more at stake.

Where in the East Enclosure are you mate? I sit there too and remember people getting told not too sing it but that just made them do it all the more. I felt the atmosphere was alright where i was but nothing compared to previous OF games where there is more at stake.

SE4 W105 mate right up the back the supervisor came down and told them to stop singin Derrys Walls because in her view it was sectarian and the police had a word with the supervisor but the police didnt do anythin when it started goin again

SE4 W105 mate right up the back the supervisor came down and told them to stop singin Derrys Walls because in her view it was sectarian and the police had a word with the supervisor but the police didnt do anythin when it started goin again

SE4 G124. Don't think it was the same person because it was one of the police from down near the dugout that came to the gate leading to the pitch and told us to sit down at first and when we ignred him and started signing Derry's Walls, we were tod to stop singing that aswell.

His words were " I advise you all to stop singing sectarian songs as i can have you removed."

As you can imagine, it went down very well with everyone. Doubt he will be patrolling that area again. :D

SE4 G124. Don't think it was the same person because it was one of the police from down near the dugout that came to the gate leading to the pitch and told us to sit down at first and when we ignred him and started signing Derry's Walls, we were tod to stop singing that aswell.

His words were " I advise you all to stop singing sectarian songs as i can have you removed."

As you can imagine, it went down very well with everyone. Doubt he will be patrolling that area again. :D

:lol: when the tarriers started singin the soldier song the guys turned round to the police and said wot about them pull them up for what they are singn police guy just said mind ur own buisness and watch the game and 1 the police officers happened to be a Rangers man so they calmed down and kinda got bit banter wae them but its cos we are up the back we will always b the1s that get pulled up first <angryy>

hope u helped with the banner (tu)

hope u helped with the banner

Certainly did. It was the Sammy Cox one aswell so it almost took up half of the Enclosure.

I like the banter we get with the Police in our section. Although it can sometimes get a bit OTT, generally it is light-hearted. It is good when there are alot of comedians around.

Do you sit anywhere near the guy that bursts out with "Rangers 'till i die" and continues until everyone else starts singing it? He is a legend.

hope u helped with the banner

Certainly did. It was the Sammy Cox one aswell so it almost took up half of the Enclosure.

I like the banter we get with the Police in our section. Although it can sometimes get a bit OTT, generally it is light-hearted. It is good when there are alot of comedians around.

Do you sit anywhere near the guy that bursts out with "Rangers 'till i die" and continues until everyone else starts singing it? He is a legend.

:lol::lol::lol: well is it the same guy that does all the sebo chants?? cos if it is a sit just a row up from him but a think a no the guy ur talkin bout though if its sum1 different :lol::lol: a was helpin the guys with the banners to get them sorted out at the start but then gave up teams were about to come out :lol::lol:

I agree with IbroxBlue, the atmosphere has been pish for years but defo not helped by the UEFA malarkey. Too many fans are now wary of singing stuff like Derrys Walls incase a spy shops them. The guy next to me in the Copland Rear puts his scarf over his gub now so nobody can see him singing. A ludicrous state of affairs in OUR home.

I mind back in the early days of 9 in a row, a character nicknamed "The Copland Nutter" used to stand in the stairway if the atmosphere was dull and continually belt out Walter Smith's Blue And White Army until everyone joined in. Think he also had a drum of some sort with him?? Funny at the time but should have been unnecessary.

Bottom line I reckon is that the PC mob have made too many fans wary of singing stuff that doesn't even contain FTP etc. All this wondering if it's ok to sing is utter pish and it's about time we fans, especially the older ones, stood up and made ourselves heard. No time for any PC types that would like to get rid of all of our traditional stuff. I agree the out and out sectarian stuff had/has to go but not all of our tunes are like that.

Rant over.

<bouncy>

100% agree with evry word of this.

I think we are the silent majority and we need to be more vocal.

Back at the start of 9 in row all the supporters clubs were together, so you were sat next to people you knew and that helped with the singing, it wouldnt be the biggest job in the world to accomadate everyone

well is it the same guy that does all the sebo chants?? cos if it is a sit just a row up from him but a think a no the guy ur talkin bout though if its sum1 different  a was helpin the guys with the banners to get them sorted out at the start but then gave up teams were about to come out 

I think there are two of them. One that constantly shouts SEEEEBBOOOOOO, and the one i was referring too. Wonder if the banner will be on Scotspsrt tonight? Although in saying that the pre-match pictures will probably be all Celtic fans as usual. At least there is no YNWA this time as they forgot to sing it. :lol:

?  well is it the same guy that does all the sebo chants?? cos if it is a sit just a row up from him but a think a no the guy ur talkin bout though if its sum1 different?  a was helpin the guys with the banners to get them sorted out at the start but then gave up teams were about to come out? 

I think there are two of them. One that constantly shouts SEEEEBBOOOOOO, and the one i was referring too. Wonder if the banner will be on Scotspsrt tonight? Although in saying that the pre-match pictures will probably be all Celtic fans as usual. At least there is no YNWA this time as they forgot to sing it. :lol:

:lol: a sit a row up from the guy who does all the seeebo chants and to be fair a few of them join in and al join in with them but u mite not av heard the song yesterday but the Hibs game and Partizan game we were singin seeeeeeeeeebbbbbooooo ooo clap ur hands for the crazy train, clap ur hands for the crazy train, clap ur hands for the crazy train :lol: it will be on scotsport for wen the teams come out cos am sure it was up wen they came out at the start

there were times when it was quite quiet, but i didnt think there was no getting grumpy etc. no frustrated moans. Every chance was met with appluase. Every mistimed ball was met with "unlucky steven". Generally, the fans got right behind the team today which was really great.

even when it wasn't a player called steven!?