Him Or Him

So thats Walter, Ally, Kenny and Hateley now agreeing with the RM Boydy haters :lol:

I don't hate Boyd. Not even you hate Boyd. Not even PB does. But we all know he's so embarrassingly limited that he's just not going to offer a championship winning side anything to aid in their pursuit.

Goals alone aren't enough.

And I don't hate McCulloch either, as you once accused me off, I just know of how he's 'embarrassingly limited'! :)

You do hate McCulloch tbh. I've never seen any supporter so harshly criticise a Rangers player in my life - you hijack plentiful unrelated threads with it. Like this one.

And actually, no, LM is anything but 'embarrassingly limited' - and that's the problem. He does and is capable of TOO much - but isn't outstanding at any of it. He's a utility player who hasn't really found the ideal position for himself.

Om 'hating lee', your wrong but I'll not go into why as it'll last 4 pages and you'll enjoy the argument much more than I will and I neither have the time. On disturbing threads, well I'd comment on Lee but only really if he was mentioned. Yes, not mentioned until I did so in this thread but it was a good point I made, so I stick by it.

On your 2nd point, no comment.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And actually, no, LM is anything but 'embarrassingly limited' - and that's the problem. He does and is capable of TOO much - but isn't outstanding at any of it. He's a utility player who hasn't really found the ideal position for himself.

Exactly mate (tu)

McCulloch has the most assists in our entire team this season and a good few of them have been very good assists too. Few have been the flick on that most expect.

To try and keep it topical if it were assists that say Boyd or Cousin laid on then we would be creaming ourselves about them saying about how great they were, but because McCulloch was made something of a scrapegoat for our anti football then they haven't really been given the credit they deserve.

As a Wigan fan I have seen enough of him over the past few years, aswell as this season too i.e his goal vs Falkirk pre season, his goal vs Aberdeen, his goal vs Hearts, his goal vs Ukraine aswell as his assists vs Falkirk, Aberdeen and ICT to say that he can offer a lot more than just "a route one option" if the service is right and now it appears to be.

Personally I think he would be a good player for the lone striker role: he's not afraid to shoot, he's good in the air, strong on the deck, works hard for the side and is far better with the ball at his feet than people give him credit for.

Just before his suspension/injury he too started playing good stuff on the deck too, but people conventently forget that because he is 6'0, weighs about 13 stone and is Scottish.

I agree about the lone striker role, would suit well and have never dismissed him from that (tu)

On just before his suspension, yes he did have a number of assists and goals 'along the deck' shortly before his period of in-action but for me the difference between the selection of Burke/Naismith is that they can make - and often do - numerous chances throughout the match where Lee make 1 or 2 IMO.