East Stirling was meaningless

Danny

I take Danny's point - it's the kind of game should be winning at a canter, but it is the only chance we get see fringe players and (certain) youth players in first team action. We do need perspective on it but let's compare that run-out to Celtic's game v Stirling Albion...

Okay, so you'd rather we bollocked the players for winning 6-0 against a shite team? I don't get what your point is.

I think it concerns the possible over-hyping the performance of the fringe men who got a run-out. Yes, they did well and scored a lot of goals but can the likes of Broadfoot, Buffell and Gow be relied on week in and week out? On a showing like this its really difficult to tell.

Okay, so you'd rather we bollocked the players for winning 6-0 against a shite team? I don't get what your point is.

If you read the opening post accurately, you would get the point.

Seeing as you're having trouble though, I'll spell it out again.

There is a lot of praise being aimed at the side for a comfortable 6-0 drubbing of a side in the cup. Folk are particularly complimentary to Alan Gow et al.

But this would be like praising them all for having a good training session.

Yup, we did what we had to do - we won the game. But the opposition was so awful that anything other than a good win would have been embarrassing.

I didn't ask the players to be bollocked, I said we can conclude NOTHING from it, other than that we're through.