East Stirling was meaningless

Danny

I'm seeing some praise for that performance. Folk saying 'yeah, it was only East Stirling but we still had to win' etc.

The first part of that sentence is the only part worth its salt.

We played a side considerably inferior to our own reserves. They're how many divisions below us?

To praise ANY of our players for excelling in what was barely even a training game is truly hysterics of the tallest order imho, no offence.

It literally looked like a bunch of heavyweights against toddlers. And taking candy from a baby is nothing to be praised for.

We won, of course we did. And we should literally say nothing else and simply look forward to the next round.

Just imo.

I'm seeing some praise for that performance. Folk saying 'yeah, it was only East Stirling but we still had to win' etc.

The first part of that sentence is the only part worth its salt.

We played a side considerably inferior to our own reserves. They're how many divisions below us?

To praise ANY of our players for excelling in what was barely even a training game is truly hysterics of the tallest order imho, no offence.

It literally looked like a bunch of heavyweights against toddlers. And taking candy from a baby is nothing to be praised for.

We won, of course we did. And we should literally say nothing else and simply look forward to the next round.

Just imo.

Exactly!

So was Boyd's hat-trick meaningless?

Not for people who had money on his hat-rick. 16/1, wish I had backed that!

my pal text me before the game telling me he was gna get away from work n stick a tenner on it :lol:

a text um sayin 170 quid for u mate.... he never got away from work in time :lol:

The problem is Danny, that we haven't been able to judge alot of these players on anything else besides the East Stirling game. The likes of Gow, Buffel, Fleck and Broadfoot haven't featured at all in first team games this season and most of the support don't see the reserve games.

Okay, fair enough the likes of Adam and Boyd shouldn't be judged on these games as we see them playing regularly for the first team and therefore the quality is miles apart from East Stirling. But what else can we judge the aforementioned reserve players on if we don't see them play?

Your point is valid but just not completely true. I personally didn't form oppinions on any of the players after the game but i can see why others have done given the lack of a comparison performance.

Even though the opposition was significantly inferior to our team, and the team that played, you can't call it an insignificant game, as it is these games where the players on the fringe of the starting eleven and the senior squad have to try and excell at to prove that they are good enough for a starting berth.

It is always important to remember that players like Hutton and McCulloch (even Boyd) have had little match time recently and they also need these games to show that they aren't rusty and are good enough and ready to be picks for the first team.

Yes, if we pushed harder and been more clinical, we would have probably reached double figures with regards to the goal count.

The only insignificant games that I can think of are friendlies and testimonials for when it comes to judging a player.

Even though the opposition was significantly inferior to our team, and the team that played, you can't call it an insignificant game, as it is these games where the players on the fringe of the starting eleven and the senior squad have to try and excell at to prove that they are good enough for a starting berth.

It is always important to remember that players like Hutton and McCulloch (even Boyd) have had little match time recently and they also need these games to show that they aren't rusty and are good enough and ready to be picks for the first team.

Yes, if we pushed harder and been more clinical, we would have probably reached double figures with regards to the goal count.

The only insignificant games that I can think of are friendlies and testimonials for when it comes to judging a player.

Spot on PIB, but I can see where Danny is coming from.

(tu) (tu)

what the hell is that wee spider thing at flippin ecks post

Does it BUG you?

:harhar: :harhar:

:lol:(tu)

PB - When I first saw it I thought it was on my screen!!

:rolleyes:<cr>

Silly auld Fart. :lol:

Takes one to know one!!

(tu):lol: :lol: :lol: :beer2: :harhar:

Also, it was a game that the likes of Furman, Lennon and Efrem etc should of played in.

What if Walter had played them and we had lost?? Were ICT not in the 3rd division when they stuffed the timmies??

No game is meaningless when you havent won silverware for 2 seasons!

How on earth can any competitive Rangers game be meaningless?

I phrased it badly I admit.

What I meant was, judging our display isn't meaningful. You cannot assess your quality if you're playing against such meagre opposition who are just delighted to get the game over and done with so they can return to their day jobs.

How on earth can any competitive Rangers game be meaningless?

I phrased it badly I admit.

What I meant was, judging our display isn't meaningful. You cannot assess your quality if you're playing against such meagre opposition who are just delighted to get the game over and done with so they can return to their day jobs.

I wouldn't think it would take too much imagination to see where you were going with your post,I'm pretty sure you were quite aware that a win would see us through to the next round.No explanation needed :rolleyes: