Why did we spend £12million during the summer?

Jimenez

I'll admit before the summer I thought Smith would be extremely lucky to get £6million to improve the team, so I was genuinely ecstatic that we we spent £12million on improving the squad.

I thought Murray may be matching the ambitions of the support, i.e giving Smith some serious funds to get a squad in place that wouldn't need drastically changed every season. A strong squad I thought would mean in future we would only have to add one or two players to freshing things up and keep us at a competitive level domestically and at a European level.

So having got that squad in place and now sitting at an advantageous position in the league are we now being told the books need balanced?

Was that the plan all along?

How could Murray have possibly known we would be in a position to offload two players thereby cutting our debt?

Did we not budget on the basis of us having a Champions League run?

What is our debt sitting at?

£16million, a manageable level IMO, if our team are winning

But as I seen it the plan was to get in a winning squad, where we wouldn't have to invest heavily in the future to keep the momentum going, therein cutting the debt slowly but surely over time

Debt isn't sustainable over so many years, we've been in debt for a long time and rely very heavily on qualifying for the CL.

This will get us out of debt almost which is a 'bonus' for SDM.

The only way to ensure we make the CL next season is by winning the title

Two of our starting 11 are off, tell me that wont have an impact on our chances of title glory?

I'll admit before the summer I thought Smith would be extremely lucky to get £6million to improve the team, so I was genuinely ecstatic that we we spent £12million on improving the squad.

I thought Murray may be matching the ambitions of the support, i.e giving Smith some serious funds to get a squad in place that wouldn't need drastically changed every season. A strong squad I thought would mean in future we would only have to add one or two players to freshing things up and keep us at a competitive level domestically and at a European level.

So having got that squad in place and now sitting at an advantageous position in the league are we now being told the books need balanced?

Was that the plan all along?

How could Murray have possibly known we would be in a position to offload two players thereby cutting our debt?

Our debt is part of the MIH groups-which is apparently over £700M

Im under the impression we are now included in MIH & thats how our debt was reduced by 50M as it was incorporated into the groups debts.

Well you've been told, read wrong mate,

Rangers are owned by Murray who happens to own MIH, that's where the connection ends

Murray may have used his companies to fund his share issue but that isn't Rangers concern