***The Alan Hutton Thread***

gemzgers

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this could be bad but got to look at him been a one season wonder would you have took the money at the start of the season and also if he doesnt want to stay get him to fu*k

He has already knocked back two offers, I think it's clear he was wanting to stay

But Murray will get his way, he always does

not true hutton will stay till the summer

I really don't think Dodgy Dave will wait until the summer before getting his gruby mits on that cash

£12-13million if you include the Cousin fee, Smith will see around £6million of that if he's lucky I'm afraid

even still murray cant force him out the door, he knows that smith will still play him if he doesnt go, i still feel he will stay to win the league then look at his options in the summer

Im fairly confident that Walter has deals in the wings should this deal for Hutton go thru.

Really hope so, somehow I don't believe they will match up to expectations

this could be bad but got to look at him been a one season wonder would you have took the money at the start of the season and also if he doesnt want to stay get him to fu*k

He has already knocked back two offers, I think it's clear he was wanting to stay

But Murray will get his way, he always does

yeah agree he did want to stay but now his hearts not in it just got to wonder if murray is making him go will he be giving 100% or will he not give a toss because we all know what hes like when hes bad

You beat me too it.

Don't understand this myself - he rejects them....but now takes them?

Maybe all this "extra pay-off" from Murray was true?

Either way, If he goes, not happy with Murray, and i'm not happy with Hutton, not even a full year of form with us...after bringing him in as a kid, giving him a chance away to partick, sticking by him after his leg break, and he fucks of - A Rangers man?

if, and thats a big IF, he is a cunt in my eyes...

i cant believe alan hutton is going to leave rangers after he rejected earlier bids

Hutton doesn't want to leave but unfortunately the club see the £10million as too good to turn down.

We all know how important the lad is to the team but every player has their price and unfortunately we are limited in what we can achieve financially in the SPL.

Hutton doesn't want to leave but unfortunately the club see the £10million as too good to turn down.

We all know how important the lad is to the team but every player has their price and unfortunately we are limited in what we can achieve financially in the SPL.

Hi David :(

the loot on offer for both club and player is going to prove impossible to knock back, and at 23 years old, this deal will set the lad up for life, and to be honest he'd be insane to knock that kind of money back after a third offer.

it's just unfortunate the deal could'nt be kept on hold till the summer, cos i think he'll be a spurs player by weds lunchtime :barf:

Hi David :(

;)

You know I'm far from Murray's biggest fan mate but in this case I can understand the reasoning behind any move.

I want Hutton to stay as much as the next man but RFC should never be about one man and we do have enough to cope to win the league without the lad.

Please do not let this be true. We cannot afford to sell our biggest asset three days before the end of the window. I hate to say this but decisions like these could cost us the title.

There is no doubt that if Hutton leaves he will have been pushed. He wasn't interested in joining Spurs, it is a step down and he is well aware of that. I am sorry but does nobody in our boardroom have the slightest knowledge of football? There is absolutely no need to sell Hutton now. The interest will not only still be there at the end of the season but there will be considerably more clubs pursuing him aswell. Sell him now and you have very little time to use the money to find quality players, you therefore could quite concievably cost us the league title.

The timing is just so very wrong. Some of you seem confident that players will be lined up incase Hutton goes but i am not confident of this at all. As of Saturday night Walter was still certain that Hutton was going nowhere. He also doesn't know how much of the transfer fee he will receive to bring in players.

Sorry to ramble but i cannot see the logic here. Sell a player who has been outstanding all season, is one of the main reasons for our success this season, right before the end of the transfer window. Only to maybe bring in one or two players who are unproven in the SPL and have very little time to bed in with the title racebeing in full swing. This reeks of yet more stupidity in the transfer market by Rangers.

Sky Sports:

Tottenham are reportedly closing in on the double signature of Rangers' Alan Hutton and Middlesbrough's Jonathan Woodgate for £16.25million.

Spurs have been chasing Hutton throughout the January transfer window and have already seen two moves for the Scotland international fail, despite agreeing a fee with Rangers.

However, Hutton has thought to have had a change of heart and was in London on Sunday night to finalise the £9million move.

The 23-year-old will reportedly land £1million by moving now instead of the summer and pen a £33,000-a-week contract at White Hart Lane.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos was keen to land right-back Hutton with Pascal Chimbonda tipped to join Newcastle before the close of the transfer window.

Woodgate, who is understood to have passed a medical at the club, is expected to sign a lucrative £60,000-a-week contract with Spurs on Monday after rejecting the chance to re-join former club Newcastle over the weekend

Hutton Off To London For Spurs Talks

Jan 28 2008 By Keith Jackson

ALAN HUTTON was back on the brink of a £9million move to Spurs last night after finally being lured to London to open signing talks.

Record Sport can reveal the Rangers full-back boarded a flight to Heathrow at teatime yesterday following three days of frantic behind-the-scenes negotiations.

Hutton has been determined to stay at Ibrox despite Spurs' continued attempts to have him signed up as part of the Juande Ramos revolution.

But they have now promised to pay the 23-year-old in excess of £30,000 a week - around three times what the player currently picks up in Glasgow.

And their refusal to take no for an answer finally looked like paying off last night when Hutton finally succumbed to their advances and jetted south where he will meet the White Hart Lane club's director of football Damien Comolli.

It is as yet unclear if Spurs are trying to negotiate a deal that would allow Hutton to stay in Scotland until the end of the season and then join up with them in the summer.

However, it is more likely they will attempt to secure Hutton's services immediately as current first-choice right-back Pascal Chimbonda has gone public on his own desperation to leave the club before the transfer window closes at midnight on Thursday.

Spurs have already twice tried and failed to land Scotland defender Hutton since the market opened for business at the turn of the year.

But the Londoners believe the fact Hutton has finally travelled south could prove to be the critical breakthrough in their attempts to make him the most expensive Scottish outfield player in history.

ssn just said that hutton is on his way back up with the deal not complete. he is available for the cup semi but the deal may still go through. :rangers:

Hope so. Be good of he just went down there and said:

"Look, i have been forced to come down here and talk to you. But don't waste your time, i am not signing."

Guest therabbitt

Im still really really swithering about the Alan Hutton deal

I think that we need to sign two quality players if we are to secure the title as Im not sure if we have the strength in depth that is required to challenge at home and abroad. We need a creative midfielder, a sentiment that many bears have been championing since we missed out on Super Kevin Thomson's wee annoying mate. We need someone to compliment and challenge Barry Ferguson, he gets away too lightly and can demand far too much of the ball sometimes. We can be nulified if teams man mark and wind up Barry - that will especially be the case with Hemdani playing alongside him as he is not as positive as KT.

The same goes up top. Had JCD not had so many niggling injuries then he could have led our front line more than adequately, with Watty tempering our tactics and JCD's partner depending on who we are playing. But the honest truth is that JCD cannae be relied upon, we need more quality. Especially for the long haul.

With the considerable investment made by Minter in the last year (10-12 mill), he is not going to cough up the kind of money we are going to need for these two players. Had we just sold Cousin we might have gotten one player, a like for like replacement for Cousin.

I suppose the argument now is should it be better to hold off until the summer or sell now. Lets face it, Alan is going to go sometime, he has outgrown us. It sounds now like there is a bit of a delicate trade off, the player being told now that he'll earn more if he leaves now and our club telling him that it is in the clubs best interest if he goes now. However the player wants to stay because of family reasons, I presume he has young children.

Minter must know that the kind of players you can buy in the winter transfer window are not the same as the ones you can get in the summer, and there is definite evidence that players who do sign in the winter dont do as well as summer signings.

Catch 22 - it seems like we need new players to win the league - but getting the right players, for the right price is very difficult. We need the money from Alan to sign the right kind of players. It is perhaps a good point to realise that the selling of Alan and Cousin would wipe the face of the investment that Murray made since Walter came back - would the finance be released in full at all??

If Alan waits, will the same opportunities and financial incentives be available in the summer?

I just cannae decide!! The best I can think is that he stay till the summer and we sell then. But Walter or Murray must want the funds to sign the players we need for this season, why the big rush. Alan cant depreciate in value that much within 5 months could he??

Jees oh, my heed hurts.....

For me, the writing was on the wall when one of the papers said that Hutton had recently changed his agent to the same guy who deals exclusivley with all of Spurs transfers, sure it was the Times last week I read that in.