Billy Davies is he a better option?

I listen to Talksport a lot, and in the last 2 months no less thatn 3 people have came on to say that Davies is the new 'Bill Shankly', high praise indeed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :

no offence mate, but this comment sums up why i dont take you seriously. dont try and attack me if you cant accept it in return.

I wasn't saying in the 'oh, I listen to Talksport so I am the fountain of knowledge way'.

Was simply stating I'd heard it on there. Given that those Englanders are pissed off by the amount of Scots in the game down there, I thought it was high praise.

Hence Billy Davies was doing a good job.

Hence backed up my point. Hence makes sense on a discussion board.

fair enough - i see what you are saying now - gimme a minute...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to Talksport a lot, and in the last 2 months no less thatn 3 people have came on to say that Davies is the new 'Bill Shankly', high praise indeed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :

no offence mate, but this comment sums up why i dont take you seriously. dont try and attack me if you cant accept it in return.

I wasn't saying in the 'oh, I listen to Talksport so I am the fountain of knowledge way'.

Was simply stating I'd heard it on there. Given that those Englanders are pissed off by the amount of Scots in the game down there, I thought it was high praise.

Hence Billy Davies was doing a good job.

Hence backed up my point. Hence makes sense on a discussion board.

fair enough - i see what you are saying now - gimme a minute...

Trust me, TalkSport is not gospel.

If I hear another person asking for Wenger to be sacked 'because he's not really done anything', I think I might get steam coming out my ears.

But, for a young Scots manager to be compared to Shankly is very high praise.

Billy Davies has been getting a lot of praises for his managerial style, tactical methods, attitude, commitment and knowledge of the game by a lot of coaches and players who have played at the highest level. Them being Phil Thompson, Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker, Mark Lawrence, Alan Hansen and Dave Basset.

But clearly Ricardopatrese will know much much more than these people :P

But a man that can apologise gets a thumbs up in my book!

Sarcy and uncalled for - but I'm big enough to take it on the chin and answer by stating of course Billy is developing a good pedigree for himself - but my original point was so are PLENTY of managers -0 not ksu Billy Fuckin Davies who a number of fans on this board seem to have become infatuated with.

ALL i am saying is shou;d he be considered a front runner for th job simply because he has a history with the club?

Billy Davies has been getting a lot of praises for his managerial style, tactical methods, attitude, commitment and knowledge of the game by a lot of coaches and players who have played at the highest level. Them being Phil Thompson, Alan Shearer, Gary Lineker, Mark Lawrence, Alan Hansen and Dave Basset.

Sarcy and uncalled for - but I'm big enough to take it on the chin and answer by stating of course Billy is developing a good pedigree for himself - but my original point was so are PLENTY of managers -0 not ksu Billy Fuckin Davies who a number of fans on this board seem to have become infatuated with.

ALL i am saying is shou;d he be considered a front runner for th job simply because he has a history with the club?

Of course I see your point Ricardo. If someone was getting considered ONLY because they have history at the club I'd be against it.

But I think Davies backs his club history up with a great managerial background as well, all rolled together that's why I thought he should be a front runner.

No he should be considered on his managerial abilities, which are of a good standard and because of that, he should be a candidate for the job.

Of course I see your point Ricardo. If someone was getting considered ONLY because they have history at the club I'd be against it.

But I think Davies backs his club history up with a great managerial background as well, all rolled together that's why I thought he should be a front runner.

That the way were going with Walter just cause he has history with the club i think After PLG he wants somebody who knows the club and in my opinion there's only 3

souness

smith

davies

That the way were going with Walter just cause he has history with the club i think After PLG he wants somebody who knows the club and in my opinion there's only 3

souness

smith

davies

great point - and who has achieved most out of those THREE.

somebody who knows the club and in my opinion there's only 3

You could add, George Graham, Alex Millar.

yeah - so why didnt you?

Because I wasn't the one who mentioned Souness, Smith or Davies as the only 3 names.

Yep it sure is there's no doubt about Smith being a winner, I just think the way things are with a tight budget it might be better suited to davies

Maybe Sir Davy will surprise us and give Smith a good budget to work with. Look at the squad, look how p*sh it is, why would Smith come without being given money to spend to do it his way?

ricardo, who would you like to see as manager?

Guus hiddink or Craig levein if we had to go Scottish. If Moyes didnt have a background as a tim, i'd go fer 'im - but then I'm an Everton fan so id be cuttn my own throat.

Craig levein

Surprised at than, poor at Hearts and Leicester. Doing a good job at United tho.

ricardo, who would you like to see as manager?

Guus hiddink or Craig levein if we had to go Scottish. If Moyes didnt have a background as a tim, i'd go fer 'im - but then I'm an Everton fan so id be cuttn my own throat.

Craig levein

Surprised at than, poor at Hearts and Leicester. Doing a good job at United tho.

hardly poor at either considering what he was working under at either club. the mark of a man is how he prospers in the face of adversity - if ye get my meaning.