Developing the News Team

Canadaready

Davy,

What about, and I'm not trying to take the piss - honest, calling it the 'Davy Digest'?

Just a thought

I'll maybe need to call it something else, as Weekly Round-up suggests it'll be about all the weeks events, when in fact I'll only pick out one in particular.

It needs to be edgy and grab attention when someone reads it on the wire

The Rangers Rant?

Sorry, I like alliteration!

Davy,

What about, and I'm not trying to take the piss - honest, calling it the 'Davy Digest'?

Just a thought

I'll maybe need to call it something else, as Weekly Round-up suggests it'll be about all the weeks events, when in fact I'll only pick out one in particular.

The Rangers Rant?

Boabs Bollocks :craphead:

It's sure to grab attention (tu)

Davy,

Just a thought

The Rangers Rant?

Boabs Bollocks :craphead:

It's sure to grab attention (tu)

I'll grab yours and snip them and put them in a frying pan with a bernaise sauce! :BELM:

Ok, RSC questions discussion has its own thread now:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53300

Lets get back to features ideas. What can we add to what we have. I want to have a thread where we can pop in ideas we get for grabbing articles. Do you going like that idea? What about an info page on our writing staff? Any one like that idea? Newspapers do it.

What we've got so far is excellent and gives everybody a bit of a structure to work from.

I still think we need to get individual days so that we don't end up with six items on a Sunday and none for the rest of the week. With Newsnow especially, Saturday and Sundays releases dissappear off the board very quickly as there is a lot of intrest in the actual matches.

I think the RSC idea is exceptional. Giving one a week to the limelight will increase our exposure for new members as well as providing news articles.

I think having an ideas thread is a good one but most folk will have good idea of there individual tasks that have been set out.

Does anybody want to take up the reserves/youth section?

Lets get back to features ideas. What can we add to what we have. I want to have a thread where we can pop in ideas we get for grabbing articles. Do you going like that idea? What about an info page on our writing staff? Any one like that idea? Newspapers do it.

What we've got so far is excellent and gives everybody a bit of a structure to work from.

I still think we need to get individual days so that we don't end up with six items on a Sunday and none for the rest of the week. With Newsnow especially, Saturday and Sundays releases dissappear off the board very quickly as there is a lot of intrest in the actual matches.

I think the RSC idea is exceptional. Giving one a week to the limelight will increase our exposure for new members as well as providing news articles.

I think having an ideas thread is a good one but most folk will have good idea of there individual tasks that have been set out.

Id be happyto do the reserves bitmate. What wouldit entail, like a match round up and a rating of the players?

Id be happyto do the reserves bitmate. What wouldit entail, like a match round up and a rating of the players?

Whatever you want really m8. Its pretty much a free role where you get to excersise your writing talent.

I had envisaged a weekly round up of the Reserve and under 19's with the results and stand out players, but it really depends on what you want to do. (tu)

Match Reports - .....Bazza................Each Matchday

Blog - ...................Blueisthecolour...Daily or weekly?

Prematch Reports - Nvager..............Day Prior to each game

Weekly Roundup - .Davy.................Sunday

Walter Watch - ......Boab.................Monday

Youth Updates - ....BargeddieBear....Wednesday

RSC Corner - .......AB.....................Friday

Daily Ideas - ........Bobby, CR..........Daily

Just idea of timescales. Open to ideas though.

Also, any article thats posted for this, we should also post in the Bears den at the same time to allow folk to read and then debate about them. Encourage outsiders to read and also sign up.

Also, any article thats posted for this, we should also post in the Bears den at the same time to allow folk to read and then debate about them. Encourage outsiders to read and also sign up.

Good ideas Bazza. I can't really ssay wether i will write the Blog dailly or weekly. I have basically been writing one when there is enough club news to make it a meaningful length. Some days there is more news than others so it's hard to say.

I also think that the Matchday Report and the Blog should be moved to the BD in order to generate higher exposure. Aswell, of course, as any articles. Most people come onto the site and just go straight to the BD so that should be the target area.

Good ideas Bazza. I can't really ssay wether i will write the Blog dailly or weekly. I have basically been writing one when there is enough club news to make it a meaningful length. Some days there is more news than others so it's hard to say.

I also think that the Matchday Report and the Blog should be moved to the BD in order to generate higher exposure. Aswell, of course, as any articles. Most people come onto the site and just go straight to the BD so that should be the target area.

Ok, I am for all of this. For Bobby and I, it would be good to have help from you guys. So, for example, we all do this:

1. Everytime We Log On We Go To This Thread - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53365

2. If we have some ideas to jot down for daily discussion, or wish to write an article on something that happened, post it in there

3. Put together email/msn contacts of each other so we can stay in touch

4. Do we want to go ahead with a team page on the main site saying who we are as writers etc?

Ok, I am for all of this. For Bobby and I, it would be good to have help from you guys. So, for example, we all do this:

1. Everytime We Log On We Go To This Thread - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=53365

2. If we have some ideas to jot down for daily discussion, or wish to write an article on something that happened, post it in there

3. Put together email/msn contacts of each other so we can stay in touch

4. Do we want to go ahead with a team page on the main site saying who we are as writers etc?

I am happy for all of these to go ahead CR, you could be on to a winner here.