Uefa reject SFA Euro slot appeal

FlippinEck

An appeal by SFA to award one of Scotland's Uefa Cup slots to the fourth-placed team in the Scottish Premier League has been rejected.

At present, if the Scottish Cup winners have already qualified for European competition, the beaten finalists automatically qualify for the Uefa Cup.

The SFA appealed to Uefa to automatically award the slot to the league, but were rejected.

Teams in second and third place in the league will qualify for the Uefa Cup.

Its a bit daft as I think we dont want another gretna or dunfermline in the uefa cup but whats this about 2nd and 3rd in uefa cup <cr>

Must be a typo?

Not sure when all these regs change to be honest <cr>

The only thing I can find is that for next season there is two Scottish teams the champions have to do one qualifying round and the runners up two qualifying rounds, like this season.

I thought the Champions go straight in ?

Not sure when all these regs change to be honest <cr>

The only thing I can find is that for next season there is two Scottish teams the champions have to do one qualifying round and the runners up two qualifying rounds, like this season.

I thought the Champions go straight in ?

I thought so, surprise surprise I couldn't find anything on the UEFA website, someone did say the other day that he thinks it doesn't happen until the end of next season, (when we've won two leagues in a row :rangers: ).

This is all I could find but not sure how reliable this source is?

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/championgb2.php3

winners of our league only go straight in if the winners of CL come from spain england or italy and theyre league position is in the CL spots for the respective country

ie if liverpool win the CL but finish 5th then winners of SPL would have 1 qualifying game

winners of our league only go straight in if the winners of CL come from spain england or italy and theyre league position is in the CL spots for the respective country

ie if liverpool win the CL but finish 5th then winners of SPL would have 1 qualifying game

cheers kpl :beer2:

cheers kpl :beer2:

no probs i heard that on radio before the new year and its amazing the amount of shit the brain can store