"Best Scottish Manager" not mentioned for scotland

blueben_d

Heard a bit of Real Radio tonight. Ewen Cameron said Strachan laid down orders before the afternoon press conference that he was not to be asked about the Scotland job - and no-one asked him about it. Cameron said that Strachan had been turned down for the Scotland job and was beeling about it. He reckons Strachan still wants the Scotland job and that is why he didn't want to be asked about it.

hes hardly gonna leave celtic is he . :rolleyes:

especially with the job he is and has been doing since he joined and now in last 16 of european elite.

so he must be a traitor too then (tu)

hardly , not even in the same question so stop trying to flip the relevance of point, smith has left the scotland post, he was already in the scotland job., resigned (td). he walked out on his country to join a team he already had a tenure at. no brainer.

TRAITOR.TO.SCOTLAND.

clappiez clappiez clappiez

well said

Heard a bit of Real Radio tonight. Ewen Cameron said Strachan laid down orders before the afternoon press conference that he was not to be asked about the Scotland job - and no-one asked him about it. Cameron said that Strachan had been turned down for the Scotland job and was beeling about it. He reckons Strachan still wants the Scotland job and that is why he didn't want to be asked about it.

aaaahhhh.....the Ewan Cameron said line......didn't he suggest that Rangers were going to win the league this season? A reliable source.? I think not!

BFATS

If preferring club over country makes Walter a traitor then the same could be said of strachan were he approached for the scotland job.

Remember he was 2nd in line to walter last time, surprised he hasn't at least been mentioned.

Then again the media like to portray the Rangers man as the bad guy, and if the linked strachan then they would negate the negativity towards Smith.

The real traitor here is the SFA guy, Smith tried to make the transition as smooth as possible and keep on his Scotland duties on a part time basis. The SFA cut off its nose to spite its face

Geta brain. That's the worst logic ive ever seen HAHAAH.

strachan was offered the scotland job before smith, something strachan refused.

smith was only given the job after strachan knocked it back

source?

that would make strachan a traitor, turning down his country when it was in desperate need, and it certainly was at that time

i remember it being in the front and back pages of every scotish paper for a few weeks after bertie was sacked. strachan wasnt a trator he just had a better job waiting for him B)

like WS am I right?

strachan was offered the scotland job before smith, something strachan refused.

smith was only given the job after strachan knocked it back

source?

that would make strachan a traitor, turning down his country when it was in desperate need, and it certainly was at that time

i remember it being in the front and back pages of every scotish paper for a few weeks after bertie was sacked. strachan wasnt a trator he just had a better job waiting for him B)

like WS am I right?

You are right Sgt.

During the 'contract extension talks' with Walter, was he not told that if we did not qualify he would not be manager in november? (I could have posted that as a GG fact, but chose not to, coz I'm not sure if it only hear say)