Strength in depth showing?

GrandSuckMaster

With the fixture back log and injuries to key players (Thompson, Beasley, Darch) and losing big Al, I think the additions made by Smith at the start of the season are starting to pay dividends. Overall, i think The manky mob have better individual players than us, but I think Walters additions have given us by far the better squad. I don't see us losing any non OF games till the end of the season and i see them dropping points if the 'Irish' traitor gets suspended or they lose either of their full backs again. I dont feel uncomfortable any more when we pick up Injuries and I dont think the manky mob can say the same, so overall i fancy us for the title due to our strength in depth :rangers:

Guest therabbitt
The only player that I'd have serious concerns about getting injured is Cuellar. Apart from him, I think we'd cope well enough with anyone else being missing. (tu)

agreed - I dont know what we'd do without Cuellar, although it is good news that Webster is due back...

tbh, I'd worry about the absence of a number of our players, not just Cuellar.

McGregor in particular is having a fine season.

Yeah, McGregor is doing very well and showing a consistency that means I have no desire to see us go out and replace him. But he's not a 'special' player for me, and I rate Alexander. I'm sure he wouldn't let us down if called upon.

I just think that there is a steep drop in quality when you go from Cuellar to any of our other centre backs. I rate Weir and Webster, but they're not in the same class.

The only player that I'd have serious concerns about getting injured is Cuellar. Apart from him, I think we'd cope well enough with anyone else being missing. (tu)

agreed - I dont know what we'd do without Cuellar, although it is good news that Webster is due back...

That, and the fact that Dailly could fill in there if needed. (tu)