CIS Insurance Cup

Dundee Utd v Rangers, Final, 15:00

Saturday, 22 March 2008

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Rangers v Hibernian, 15:00

Saturday, 29 March 2008

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Rangers v Celtic, 15:00

I know it's often said that Rangers traditionally show strength over the Christmas period with its many games. However, with the postponements this year I think this is the most crucial period beginning.

I would love to win every match (obviously) but if we can come out of this period with a trophy and any sort of extension to our lead over Celtic then I think they might start to crumble.

Some potential sticky ones there but these are games we must win if we're going to bring the title home this year. I don't think we should underestimate Dundee Utd in the cup final. Levein's a shrewd manager.

We have hit form at a good time, we are scoring goals and we don't look like conceding many. The squad is getting stronger by the day with players returning from injury. I'm starting to get butterflies.

It's definitely squeaky bum time but isn't it great to be back in the mix again!

Good post Buddy.

Yes a winning March will march us right onto Cloud 9 imo.

If we win every game in March I believe we will win the treble and be buoyed up for Europe.

Will not be easy all the same, but our squad is looking stronger by the day. (A. Webster, S. Smith and D. Cousin is staying.)

Can we do it? I believe we can.

I hope so!

It's a high volume of games against good teams (Aberdeen excepted - they raise their game 4 times a year). Sometimes the level of opposition we face is blamed for not doing well in Europe but this is a hard run of games coming up.

If we can take Hibs in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox then it'll be a big psychological advantage for the re-match in the league 2 weeks later.

I also think that winning the first cup of the season would be a huge lift for the team and massive step in the right direction

I hope so!

It's a high volume of games against good teams (Aberdeen excepted - they raise their game 4 times a year). Sometimes the level of opposition we face is blamed for not doing well in Europe but this is a hard run of games coming up.

If we can take Hibs in the Scottish Cup at Ibrox then it'll be a big psychological advantage for the re-match in the league 2 weeks later.

I also think that winning the first cup of the season would be a huge lift for the team and massive step in the right direction

I agree with this post, although the UEFA doesn't concern me greatly.

Potentially, it could be a big month, but the big one, the League, could be decided later.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think we will known one way or another come April 1st. However, things will be a hell of a lot clearer.

I'm not wild about the UEFA cup but there are some very good teams left in there and if we give a good showing then it helps attract players (nobody - player or fan -forgets that Ibrox atmosphere on a Euro night!) and swells the coffers.

I'm pretty excited about the Bremen game. (Mind you I got pretty excited going to the East Stirlingshire game to see Fleck.)

Would anyone take a 7 point lead over Celtic come April if it meant dropping out of the UEFA cup and losing to Bremen, Dundee Utd & Hibs in the cups?

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think we will known one way or another come April 1st. However, things will be a hell of a lot clearer.

I'm not wild about the UEFA cup but there are some very good teams left in there and if we give a good showing then it helps attract players (nobody - player or fan -forgets that Ibrox atmosphere on a Euro night!) and swells the coffers.

I'm pretty excited about the Bremen game. (Mind you I got pretty excited going to the East Stirlingshire game to see Fleck.)

Would anyone take a 7 point lead over Celtic come April if it meant dropping out of the UEFA cup and losing to Bremen, Dundee Utd & Hibs in the cups?

Think I'd want an early cup too.

I agree March is crucial. Especially the OF game as its at Ibrox leaving 2 games at the piggery. If we are 7 point clear after the OF game I fancy us to win the league. If we are only 4 ahead then its 50/50 as I don't fancy us winning any of the piggery games.