Striker Crisis for Thursday!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but i cannot understand all the negative towards him , i will support anyone who is upfront on thursday , it just seems to be the usual people who start the "as long as it is not Boyd " scenario

The title of the thread is, Striker Crisis for Thursday. People are only stating their opinion, not following a group or a thing against Boyd.

9 times this season Boyd has playd up on his own along with the times last season, how many of them can you say have been successful?

that is in the past , we are talking about the future

i dont think there is a crisis , we have 3 strikers fit to play , nobody IMO will play it any better than any other

So if a player is unsuccessful in a improtant role over a period of 15 games, We should forget about that and rely on the chance that he may have a good game in the future?

Im glad Walter picks the team.

It is important to point out that a) Boyd is that bad in the lone striker role that Walter will plump for a workhorse left midfielder like McCulloch before him and b) the twice I can remember Boyd playing as a lone man, we've drawn with Pana and got beaten off Hibs.

Yes, that means no wins.

The match against Hibs where we lost, Boyd had Whittaker on the right of midfield and Adam or McCulloch on the left. It's not exactly Cousin/Burke/Naismith.

TBH, I thought he did quite well in the Panathinaikos match :craphead:

but i cannot understand all the negative towards him , i will support anyone who is upfront on thursday , it just seems to be the usual people who start the "as long as it is not Boyd " scenario

The title of the thread is, Striker Crisis for Thursday. People are only stating their opinion, not following a group or a thing against Boyd.

9 times this season Boyd has playd up on his own along with the times last season, how many of them can you say have been successful?

that is in the past , we are talking about the future

i dont think there is a crisis , we have 3 strikers fit to play , nobody IMO will play it any better than any other

So if a player is unsuccessful in a improtant role over a period of 15 games, We should forget about that and rely on the chance that he may have a good game in the future?

Im glad Walter picks the team.

It is important to point out that a) Boyd is that bad in the lone striker role that Walter will plump for a workhorse left midfielder like McCulloch before him and b) the twice I can remember Boyd playing as a lone man, we've drawn with Pana and got beaten off Hibs.

Yes, that means no wins.

I agree , no wins , i thought we needed a draw doh

The match against Hibs where we lost, Boyd had Whittaker on the right of midfield and Adam or McCulloch on the left. It's not exactly Cousin/Burke/Naismith.

Surely not everyone else getting blamed for Boyd's shortcoming yet again?!

Whittaker on the right of midfield and McCulloch on the left was the same combination that served up a 7-2 defeat of Falkirk, Whittaker even scored that day (his debut I think), so I'd think twice before blaming them for Boyd being, simply, a poor footballer.

Funny, we were getting beat in that game until Burke and Novo came on to help the hapless Boyd.

Take it we needed a SPL draw at home to Hibs too then? :unsure:

Surely not everyone else getting blamed for Boyd's shortcoming yet again?!

Whittaker on the right of midfield and McCulloch on the left was the same combination that served up a 7-2 defeat of Falkirk, Whittaker even scored that day (his debut I think), so I'd think twice before blaming them for Boyd being, simply, a poor footballer.

There was 2 up front that day. Novo and Cousin.

I'm not saying the wingers were responsible because I know Boyd's performance was poor but I genuinely think that Boyd could do well with Naisy/Burke supporting him.

Funny, we were getting beat in that game until Burke and Novo came on to help the hapless Boyd.

i thought subs came on to help the team , NO , they come on to help the hapless boyd , fantastic

you tell me , you have all the stats to prove he is shite , did not take you long to through in your "boyd is shit " 3 posts maybe

you are the art of consistency

Novo started. Doesn't that prove my point that he could do the job but with better support?

Has he really played 9 games on his own up front?

I'm having difficulty believing that, you counting East Fife and East Stirling in that?

Hibs (1-0 Defeat)

Motherwell (1-1 Draw)

Hearts (2-1 win)

Panathiniakos (1-1 draw)

Aberdeen (3-1 win)

Are the games I can remember him playing in

i thought subs came on to help the team , NO , they come on to help the hapless boyd , fantastic

you tell me , you have all the stats to prove he is shite , did not take you long to through in your "boyd is shit " 3 posts maybe

Yeah, I probably do have the stats somewhere.

But hey, I don't need to tell you he's shite (even though I don't think he's shite, and never said he is) - Walter and Co seemingly doing anything to avoid picking him (ie putting on a rubbish Lee McCulloch instead of him) tells me everything I need to know.

Look, at the end of the day, the Boyd backers are as bad as his detractors. As soon as a striker post comes up, both sides are right on it going for/against his case.

My view is this - a striker with THAT kind of scoring record, if he was as good as people try to make him out to be, surely a richer team than Rangers would have snapped him up by now.

Kuyt, Makaay, Baros, players like this who have played in equal strength leagues to the SPL, that have had similar (or even worse) scoring records than Boyd's have all attracted big money moves, where is Boyds?

I'm having difficulty believing that, you counting East Fife and East Stirling in that?

Hibs (1-0 Defeat)

Motherwell (1-1 Draw)

Hearts (2-1 win)

Panathiniakos (1-1 draw)

Aberdeen (3-1 win)

In context, 8 points out of 15 tells it's own story (td)

But hey, I don't need to tell you he's shite - Walter and Co seemingly doing anything to avoid picking him (ie putting on a rubbish Lee McCulloch instead of him) tells me everything I need to know.

Look, at the end of the day, the Boyd backers are as bad as his detractors. As soon as a striker post comes up, both sides are right on it going for/against his case.

My view is this - a striker with THAT kind of scoring record, if he was as good as people try to make him out to be, surely a richer team than Rangers would have snapped him up by now.

Kuyt, Makaay, Baros, players like this who have played in equal strength leagues to the SPL, that have had similar (or even worse) scoring records than Boyd's have all attracted big money moves, where is Boyds?

I know that there is weaknesses in his game and he doesn't have the great all round game that the strikers mentioned above have. Nobodies saying he's perfect but I think he is unfairly treated and people make him out to be a lot worse than what he actually is.

Boyd is an excellent finisher but a sh*te footballer. His latest game up on his own proved this, he couldn't even trouble Constadine or Diamond. He's too easily marked out the game. Bremen, with 6ft 6 and 6ft 7 defenders is not the game to play him in.

It's not a dig at Boyd, it's the truth!

But hey, I don't need to tell you he's shite - Walter and Co seemingly doing anything to avoid picking him (ie putting on a rubbish Lee McCulloch instead of him) tells me everything I need to know.

I know that there is weaknesses in his game and he doesn't have the great all round game that the strikers mentioned above have. Nobodies saying he's perfect but I think he is unfairly treated and people make him out to be a lot worse than what he actually is.

Some on here do make him out to be the perfect striker though, and that's where my (amongst others') gripe lies.

I simply don't think he's the player to take us onto this so called 'next level' people talk about about.

I think Cousin could be and Naisy has the potential out of our 5 strikers just now. JCD is too injury prone and neither Boyd or Novo are good enough.

Could do with some wheeling and dealing in that department next summer.

Hibs (1-0 Defeat)

Motherwell (1-1 Draw)

Hearts (2-1 win)

Panathiniakos (1-1 draw)

Aberdeen (3-1 win)

tells me one as well , we did not play Panathinikos in a league , but if it makes him look bad , print it

i really dont care who plays up front as long as we win , the same cannot be said for some people in this forum , my problem is the minute you disagree with the majority , you become a boydy lover , anyone who knows me could tell you that is not the case , but certain people have all the stats about him in order to back up an argument , i see no other stats to compare against for anybody else ,

Boyd is an excellent finisher but a sh*te footballer. His latest game up on his own proved this, he couldn't even trouble Constadine or Diamond. He's too easily marked out the game. Bremen, with 6ft 6 and 6ft 7 defenders is not the game to play him in.

The relatively small but pacey lad Morris that played for Pana didn't give him a sniff either.

He looked a cracking defender over both legs though.

No need to worry...we can put Christian Dailly up top :P

In all seriousness, I think any of the three mentioned can do a good enough job on thursday, but i would love to see naismith given his chance

Hibs (1-0 Defeat)

Motherwell (1-1 Draw)

Hearts (2-1 win)

Panathiniakos (1-1 draw)

Aberdeen (3-1 win)

tells me one as well , we did not play Panathinikos in a league , but if it makes him look bad , print it

i really dont care who plays up front as long as we win , the same cannot be said for some people in this forum , my problem is the minute you disagree with the majority , you become a boydy lover , anyone who knows me could tell you that is not the case , but certain people have all the stats about him in order to back up an argument , i see no other stats to compare against for anybody else ,

Hence 'in context'.

We do have them, in fact Scotbear has the stats for all out strikers this season. On last count, I don't think Boyd compared favourably with Cousin.

He's had a lot more game time (as a striker) than Naisy and JCD too, but again, in the interests of fairness you could say that JCD's been up on his own in the Champ Lge etc, while Boyd's been played in a two v East Fife and East Stirling.

Some on here do make him out to be the perfect striker though, and that's where my (amongst others') gripe lies.

I simply don't think he's the player to take us onto this so called 'next level' people talk about about.

I think Cousin could be and Naisy has the potential out of our 5 strikers just now. JCD is too injury prone and neither Boyd or Novo are good enough.

Could do with some wheeling and dealing in that department next summer.

My gripe lies with the folk who make him out to be a player like Egil Ostenstad :lol:

i never said play him , i said i would have no problem if he played , thats all , if he plays fine , if not , fine , i want the result to be right for rangers

I don't want to see him play against Bremen because he won't headers. What i felt he did well agaisnt Pana was to constantly beat them in the air but he has no chance against Naldo and Mertesacker (tu)

Nasief Morris has looked an excellent player the four times we have come up against him.

I'd be very happy with him to replace Weir.

Had a jump like Larsson, don't think we got past him once.