About Mr Whittaker

BCLoyal9

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Hutton getting similar abuse 18 months ago.

I'd watch this space...

The thing is, Hutton was a good player before he got his injury. He came back from injury and the Bears weren't exactly patient in him getting back up to speed.

Whittaker is never a Rangers player and those trying to convince themselves he is need a cold shower.

Talk about fickle :rolleyes:

To use similar words to yourself "Bears aren't exactly patient in letting him get up to speed"

That could easily be applied to Whittaker too, especially if you consider that it takes time to settle at the OF. We have already seem Thomson, aswell as Hutton, recieve pelters from the majority and now they are both cult figures at the club.

We are now seeing Whittaker unfairly getting the same abuse. He has been asked to play out of position pretty much since day one, he has made errors that he himself will know are basic and as a result his confidence is well and truly shattered.

Before Huttons unexpected rise to prominance Whittaker was easily the best RB in Scotland, not only for one season, it was for about 4 years straight.

The simple truth is that we have wasted him ever since we signed him and until he gets a good run in his best position then we can't judge him fairly.

Away and bile your heid man. Whittaker was the best right back in Scotland for 4 years?

The man can't control a ball with one touch, can't beat a player and is hopeless in the tackle.

That's just not right, he can control a ball first time, I've seen it loads. I'll count how many times he does it next time he plays.

Hutton wasn't good at defending until his meteoric rise, where everything improved rapidly. Something convinced Smith to pay £2mil for Whittaker, I'm going to trust his judgement on this one for now.

He is a better player than Broadfoot though (Muff's gonna boot my stones for that).

And you are affording McCulloch the same leniency in your judgment then are you? They both cost the same and have been here for the same amount of time. And they are both rank rotten football players.

And you are affording McCulloch the same leniency in your judgment then are you? They both cost the same and have been here for the same amount of time. And they are both rank rotten football players.

If McCulloch, like Whittaker, was one of the most promising youngsters in the league for the past 4 years then yes, I would. I'd offer Naismith that leniency even though he's not set the heather alight for us yet.

McCulloch is almost 30, a Championship/Premiership regular for the past how many years?! I think we're right to expect more from him.

If McCulloch, like Whittaker, was one of the most promising youngsters in the league for the past 4 years then yes, I would. I'd offer Naismith that leniency even though he's not set the heather alight for us yet.

McCulloch is almost 30, a Championship/Premiership regular for the past how many years?! I think we're right to expect more from him.

If a player - as you state - is the most promising youngster in 4 years, surely we should have high expectations of him.

Scott Brown was a fantastic player for Hibs. Shite with Celtic.

Is it because they need time to fit in or is actually because they found the level at which they shine with a lesser club?

If a player - as you state - is the most promising youngster in 4 years, surely we should have high expectations of him.

Scott Brown was a fantastic player for Hibs. Shite with Celtic.

Is it because they need time to fit in or is actually because they found the level at which they shine with a lesser club?

That is THEE question mate.

Is it the need for time, or purely is it because they aren't good enough.

I'd HOPE (hope being the big word here) that it's all about time. Let's not forget, PLG was about to punt Hutton after a few months of no form...can you imagine that!