Renewed Faith

Airdriebear

We are currently top of the league, we have won the CIS cup, still in the Scottish cup and we are still competing in Europe. With this in mind and our dominance over celtic this season is there a possibility that the good times are just around the corner?

After Walter coming back to ibrox things have changed on and off the pitch for the better, I must admit I never thought for one minute that we would have turned things around so much since the PLG era. With this is mind, do you think there is a possibility that David Murray may be feeling the same renewed enthusiasm for the club? With Walter in charge i think he may feel that the club is now going back in a direction that he is happy with and hopefully this will be mirrored during the summer transfer window. I am just thinking out loud here, but maybe he will want to commit more money and time to the club now that he has an old and trustworthy face back at the club. I believe as Big Marv would say, that we will go on to beat celtic on Saturday and that will virtually tie up the first League title in three years. Hopefully the reaction to this from the board will be a commitment of funds in the summer to strengthen our team and allow us to compete to the highest level on all four fronts again.

:rangers:

Cant really see DM going anywhere soon. He is talking about the big announcement on the stadium and Govan area early in May.

He states his reputation is on the line and he must deliver. It will be very interesting to see what develops.

I think with Murray's announcement of season ticket price freezes and cutting some.The payment of European tickets and his insistance of substantial millions for the transfer market.Combined with us looking at a clean sweep then i think he could be buzzin again.

That can only be good as the money will flow again(not the silly money of course)and we'll build not like the days under Eck where a winning team was rewarded with a few Bosmans and a few million spent.

I think that SDM might use the stadium redevelopment as ' a way out'. It is likely that to raise the money he requires he will have a finance package that includes a combination of equity (shareholding) and loans. What remains to be seen is the structure of the new money for the development. If as stated football will only be responsible for 20% of the income - will Rangers just become a 'lease holder' at Ibrox or will Rangers and Ibrox just remain the same finance structure as now with the redevelopment of the surounding area being done by a 'separate' company (and if so what income would come to Rangers) or will there be some sort of dual shareholding / benefit for Rangers and the development company.

I trust SDM to look after Rangers but the structure of the upcoming redevelopments is extremely important to us as a club but until we have some details we would only be speculating. (which on this board brings out the paranoic and the anti SDM brigade in droves). But interesting times just round the corner - lets hope thye are positive times as well.