Bilic Wants OF Job

Davy

I don't know if this has been posted already - sorry if it has!

Croatia boss confesses Rangers and Celtic interest

Croatia boss Slaven Bilic has admitted he would walk to Glasgow if he was offered the opportunity to take over as manager of either Celtic or Rangers.

Bilic - who has led Croatia to Euro 2008 qualification ahead of England - is preparing his side for a friendly meeting with Scotland at Hampden Park on Wednesday, a match which can be seen live on Sky Sports 2.

And while Bilic - who has also be linked with the West Ham hot-seat - insists he is happy on the international stage, he confesses he would find it hard to turn down a job with either of the Old Firm clubs.

"I want to stay as manager of Croatia because I'm enjoying my time here and we have a great young team," Bilic told the Daily Record.

"If I wanted to go somewhere else Scotland is maybe not the best league in the world but they have two massive clubs.

Tough test

"Put it this way, there is no trainer or manager in the world who would say no if Celtic or Rangers asked to meet them. They would walk to Glasgow."

Bilic is also expecting a tough test when Croatia line up against Scotland as he prepares his side for their summer trip to Austria and Switzerland.

"As soon as we knew we could play at Hampden all other opponents were out of the question," added Bilic.

"We were looking for a strong team to play against and Scotland will give us a real picture of our form before Euro 2008.

"We want them to be in the mood. We don't want them to take it easy although I don't think that will happen with Scotland."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3345839,00.html

I don't know if this has been posted already - sorry if it has!

Croatia boss confesses Rangers and Celtic interest

Croatia boss Slaven Bilic has admitted he would walk to Glasgow if he was offered the opportunity to take over as manager of either Celtic or Rangers.

Bilic - who has led Croatia to Euro 2008 qualification ahead of England - is preparing his side for a friendly meeting with Scotland at Hampden Park on Wednesday, a match which can be seen live on Sky Sports 2.

And while Bilic - who has also be linked with the West Ham hot-seat - insists he is happy on the international stage, he confesses he would find it hard to turn down a job with either of the Old Firm clubs.

"I want to stay as manager of Croatia because I'm enjoying my time here and we have a great young team," Bilic told the Daily Record.

"If I wanted to go somewhere else Scotland is maybe not the best league in the world but they have two massive clubs.

Tough test

"Put it this way, there is no trainer or manager in the world who would say no if Celtic or Rangers asked to meet them. They would walk to Glasgow."

Bilic is also expecting a tough test when Croatia line up against Scotland as he prepares his side for their summer trip to Austria and Switzerland.

"As soon as we knew we could play at Hampden all other opponents were out of the question," added Bilic.

"We were looking for a strong team to play against and Scotland will give us a real picture of our form before Euro 2008.

"We want them to be in the mood. We don't want them to take it easy although I don't think that will happen with Scotland."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3345839,00.html

big Dado will be warning him against the dark side though :craphead:

Guest The Brown Brogue

I saw a similar article in which he was saying that all his Croatian players would happily join as well, which interests me more given current rumours regarding Klasnic....

I saw a similar article in which he was saying that all his Croatian players would happily join as well, which interests me more given current rumours regarding Klasnic....

When PLG joined I remember reading an article top class French players would follow him......

Guest The Brown Brogue

When PLG joined I remember reading an article top class French players would follow him......

Yes but Bilic was saying this regardless of him being there or not.

Yes but Bilic was saying this regardless of him being there or not.

Sounds a bit like his heads up his shumft.

If Bilic gets the job it will be like a waltzer spinners paradise with the number of gypsies that are already there. Consession tickets for the asylum seekers, be like home from home for him ! Only thing is Moyes has got the job, well thats the word on the street ! :sherlock:

If Bilic gets the job it will be like a waltzer spinners paradise with the number of gypsies that are already there. Consession tickets for the asylum seekers, be like home from home for him ! Only thing is Moyes has got the job, well thats the word on the street ! :sherlock:

Moyes did say he would love to manage an old firm side.