Whittaker's goal

BCLoyal9

That is the first time in quite a few years I have seen a Rangers player score a goal like Stevie's tonight. Infact I have not seen a goal like that since Gazza was at the Club - what a strike big man!

Maybe not from the same distance, but I remember back in Burke's break trough season, it was a cup match against St. Johnstone. He picked the ball up and just ran at the defence before hitting home in style.

I never even saw ONE replay of that goal as it was not TV'ised :D

BUT YES! WHITTAKER was unreal on that run, I kept yelling "pass it" "don't pass it he's offside," "Pass it now!" "No he's Offside again!" and the WHitty took it al the way!

RANGERS, SEMI-FINAL!!!!!

That is the first time in quite a few years I have seen a Rangers player score a goal like Stevie's tonight. Infact I have not seen a goal like that since Gazza was at the Club - what a strike big man!

Immediately thought of Gazza as well after that. Cracking effort from Stevie and cool as ice on the finish. Well done son! :clap:

You know when he first made the tackle I realized Whittaker would TRY to go all the way, I'm not sure why, but Sporting were pushing so far forward at times, and I thought he had the pace to do it. Excellent football overall, and a great run from Cousin was key to giving him that extra bit of space.

SW looked like Chuck Heston parting the Red Sea - the hooped ones fell away before him as if by magic!

the shopkeeper appeared. (Mr Benn Loyal Del) :)

:D Funny you should mention that - Ben Loyal and Ben Hope are near and dear to my heart Coops. Mackay country is God's own!