The second half and our midfield.

nvager

Well, do we have pieces to go forward with? Buffel is a likely choice?

Yes and I would give Fleck a shot too. Looks better on the ball than half the first team.

AMEN.

Surely Walter must see the limitations. If we are hurting at the back we must use attack as a method of defence. From now on WE MUST WIN games so we need to be moving forward. Hemdani and Daily and Thomson is a wee bit defensive minded in the SPL with only one up front.

'RE Davis: I think Davis is a very fine player, but for me, he's not demonstrated (so far) that he can be a "lynch-pin"/"game-changing" type player.'

Really think this is a bit harsh. Against Dundee Utd in the CIS he set up the goal that kept us in the tie, then buried a penalty that most of our players were too scared to take. Again, against St. Johnstone, he scored another penalty. If I'm not mistaken he took the two corners that earned us our two goals today. The guy's been here for since January, and people are expecting him to command the midfield? He's only human.

'RE Davis: I think Davis is a very fine player, but for me, he's not demonstrated (so far) that he can be a "lynch-pin"/"game-changing" type player.'

Really think this is a bit harsh. Against Dundee Utd in the CIS he set up the goal that kept us in the tie, then buried a penalty that most of our players were too scared to take. Again, against St. Johnstone, he scored another penalty. If I'm not mistaken he took the two corners that earned us our two goals today. The guy's been here for since January, and people are expecting him to command the midfield? He's only human.

Well said m8.

Fair point.

I think I probably have higher expectations for him because I can see that he is clearly a quality player (i.e., has excellent touch, ball control, dribbling skills, strokes the ball about nicely, has good natural balance, running power and accelaration, etc).

Perhaps I am being unrealistic in expecting him to be "Barry Mark II" for us (if you will).

However, I do want to see him exert greater "control" on matches -- that could really see us through.

Well said m8.

He is ok to be sure and the best after Barry, but does not seem to step up at times when needed. After Barry was clugged out of the game today he never stepped up. Now he may have a groin injury - maybe that was why, but when Barry was out in recent games he was poor.