Kenny Clarke

BLUEDIGNITY

I think........

this may come from the top, SFA.

The penalty thing with the old firm. Both team used to get a pen when players were only looked at, and now both teams cant get one, even if they are stonewallers. It was the same senario with the oldfirm years ago not meeting each other in the cups until the final round, when the rest of Scotland complained, they started to meet each other all the time in the earlier rounds. Does anyone agree or is this just me being paranoid. :unsure:

Anyone who listened to Radio Scotland today would not think any refs are cheats.

The accusation is absurd. Sure, Italy had its problems, but there's none of that here, and the notion that referees are deliberately cheating any sides out of victories and decisions is laughable imo.

As Gordon Smith, a bluenose put it:

'On the fans' forums, all the Celtic fans think refs are biased against them, and all the Rangers fans think the same thing.'

And threads like this prove it.

There's no such thing as a masonic conspiracy, or biased refereeing; just poor refereeing.

They are only human, remember.

Its not cheating to go to award a penalty only to be told by your assistant the player in question is offside.

It's not cheating to make an honest mistake and fail to award a penalty to Celtic. If his assistant had flagged and helped him out, like in the 1st half at the other end he would have got the decision right.

However, It is cheating not to book a player for committing a cynical foul i.e McGeady on Sionko in the 1st half and Smith on (Cant remember who it was) in the 2nd.

The ref was equally as bad for both teams, but lets not talk about the refs performance, lets talk about how Rangers took the game to Celtic and made them look ordinary for long spells in the game.

Its not cheating to go to award a penalty only to be told by your assistant the player in question is offside.

It's not cheating to make an honest mistake and fail to award a penalty to Celtic. If his assistant had flagged and helped him out, like in the 1st half at the other end he would have got the decision right.

However, It is cheating not to book a player for committing a cynical foul i.e McGeady on Sionko in the 1st half and Smith on (Cant remember who it was) in the 2nd.

The ref was equally as bad for both teams, but lets not talk about the refs performance, lets talk about how Rangers took the game to Celtic and made them look ordinary for long spells in the game.

Contradiction in there bud. Cheating indicates favour towards one side or another. You can't cheat in favour of both teams!

He is just a ref - they're all very fallible. Sometimes they have great games, but almost never get praise for it. It's a thankless job.

You can choose not to make a decision in the game that might influence the outcome. To avoid confrontation and to avoid being the main or deciding factor in the game.

Maybe cheating was the wrong word to use, and I do see that it sounds like a contridiciton.

My point being....... Kenny Clark in my opinion, chose not to book players in certain circumstances. Whether it goes on the reputation of a player or whether other factors influence decisions I dont know.

I feel that if Barry had commited the Stevie Smith challenge or if Lennon had commited the McGeady challenge, yellow cards would have been issued. Its inconsistancy that drives fans crazy. Decision's usually balance themselves out during a game. However on another day, Smith picks up 2 bookings (and a red) (1 for tackle on lennon for penalty and 1 in 2nd half) and McGeady picks up 2 bookings (and a red) ( 1 for foul on Sionko and 1 he did pick up for foul on Hutton)

If it's of any interest, I believe it was Willie Young on the radio who admitted refs officiate OF games differently to other matches.

I don't know if that sheds any light on your thinking.

That just makes it more confusing :unsure:

Referees have to look at the infringement committed, instead of the player(s) in question. You can tell that any referees approach in a big game changes.

I also heard a quote for a referee "Referees try everything in their power to keep the game 11 vs 11"

Well I have to say, you cant go into a game with that attitude, you have got to be willing to do your job to the best of your ability and if it means awarding 6 penalties and sending 4 players off, you have to do it.

Everyone thinks lennons was a stonewaller but..........

Would he even have kept the ball in play? I dont think so.

I dont think the refs are biased either, just poor in general.

Stonewaller ma erse....Manures Ronaldo would have been proud of that dive or maybe Lemmon is too quick and skillful and lost his balance as Sir Awex would say <bouncy>

Anyone who listened to Radio Scotland today would not think any refs are cheats.

The accusation is absurd. Sure, Italy had its problems, but there's none of that here, and the notion that referees are deliberately cheating any sides out of victories and decisions is laughable imo.

As Gordon Smith, a bluenose put it:

'On the fans' forums, all the Celtic fans think refs are biased against them, and all the Rangers fans think the same thing.'

And threads like this prove it.

There's no such thing as a masonic conspiracy, or biased refereeing; just poor refereeing.

They are only human, remember.

100% agree (tu)