BF and KT

KERRZO

Both great players in their own right but I dont feel they work well together as they are very similarly matched in style. IMO we need 2 be bold and rotate the two next season and play 1 of them in the middle thr with a more attacking minded CM who will support the strikers as both Fergie and Thommo both prefer to sit. This would also favour us if we are playing in amidfield 4 with 2 out and out wide players. Thoughts?

Kevin Thomson is our most complete midfield player and must play every match.

The manager needs to find a more mobile, pacier, creative player to compliment Thomson's industry and aggression. That can be Ferguson on form but, if we are to play with a central two, then we need to find another player if as we've seen this season our captain cannot play at the required level.

Of course, the make-up of the central area may change with the return of Beasley and/or another player on the right flank. If that is successful, it would be more prudent to have two more defensive players centrally.

The dilemma for me is both players are defensive or "holding" midfielders. As I've said many times before. Ferguson is not an attacking midfielder and we get the best out of him when he's sitting in front of the defense dictating play.

The dilemma is that Thomson is also an defensive midfielder but he unlike Ferguson can actually tackle, likes to get stuck in.

How do you solve such a dilemma? Accommodate Ferguson in the forward role where he's unfortunately less effective..

Kevin (I get booked every match I play) Thomson

He needs to get his temprament under control, Barry is on his way out Im afraid it looks that way to me he is way past his best

He reminds me of one of the most over rated players of the century just now

Paul McStay !!!!

Sad to say i agree with the lot of you that BF is on the way out, its time for the likes of Thomson to satnd up and take the flag. Yes he has a temperament problem but atleast he has a presence and tries to impose himself, BF hasn't been doing this for a while and it only gets amplified by this long ball shite we have been trying the past while. Trying to punt a ball up the Darche whos got a 2 foot defecit to most centre backs, doesn't win the ball and it comes straight back at us as BF doesn't have the legs now. As most are saying i would agree need to look at the bigger picture and find a good partner for Thomson, Davis if he signs would be good sitting just off the strikers ahaed of Thommo. I know everything Fergie has done for us and no-one can deny he is a GEr but if the club is to move on we may have to leave him on the sidelines IMHO. :rangers::rangers: