Samaras & Donut

JR

Sky Sports:

Georgios Samaras remains keen to join Celtic permanently, while Massimo Donati is wanted back in Italy.

Greek striker Samaras joined the Bhoys on loan from Manchester City in January and scored five goals in 16 SPL appearances.

He has enjoyed his stint at Parkhead and is now waiting for the managerial situation at City to be cleared up before he tries to seal a deal with Gordon Strachan's side.

"Gordon wants to keep him and Georgios wants to stay," the player's agent Lee Anderson told the Scottish Sun.

"The player is clear in what he wants, but the problem is down to the confusion at City.

"The first thing I'll do is find out from City chief executive Alistair Mackintosh what is going on."

Disappointed

Meanwhile, Celtic's Italian midfielder Donati is attracting interest back in Serie A just a year after leaving Milan.

Donati's agent Andrea D'Amico told the Scottish Daily Mail: "There is strong interest in Massimo from Serie A.

"I now have to speak to Peter Lawwell (chief executive) to discuss the situation further because we don't know what will happen at Celtic next season.

"Massimo tells me that he has a close relationship with the manager, Gordon Strachan, but he was disappointed in not playing in the final games of the season.

"The manager assured him there was no problem and so Massimo wants to stay if there is a possibility of playing, but if the manager is not happy and cannot give him that, then he should tell us."