Preseason Training - Fitness

nvager

Rangers played 68 games and many players played a large number of these games - C Cuellar, Weir, Ferguson, Broadfoot, Papac, etc.

These players were extremely tired and need a good rest.

I believe they will have to report back in very early July for preseason training. This is surely not enough time off. How can they be expected to start a rigorous preseason routine so soon?

WS and Adam Owen and their staff will have to be very careful or there will be a lot of injuries early on.

This is a serious problem. Perhaps its another reason to get some of the younger players in the first team now.

Personally I think this Adam Owen character is a tit. Surely anyone can see Boyd and Adam are both at least a stone overweight?

AO can only help players who want to be helped....when Kris Boyd leaves through those Murray Park gates Adam Owen can't control how many pints he has on a saturday night (which IS the root of all Kris's problems, especially this season!) The players are in good hands...if they do what they're told!

Personally I think this Adam Owen character is a tit. Surely anyone can see Boyd and Adam are both at least a stone overweight?

AO can only help players who want to be helped....when Kris Boyd leaves through those Murray Park gates Adam Owen can't control how many pints he has on a saturday night (which IS the root of all Kris's problems, especially this season!) The players are in good hands...if they do what they're told!

(tu)

(tu)

Well then is it not his job then to report this back to the manager and put more stringent measures in place. Boyd is only worth keeping around if he can lose some weight cause he aint sharp!!!

(tu)

Well then is it not his job then to report this back to the manager and put more stringent measures in place. Boyd is only worth keeping around if he can lose some weight cause he aint sharp!!!

Maybe he is, hence why Boyd isn't getting much of a look-in. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes so to call the guy a tit for players not looking after themselves is very unfair.

(tu)

Maybe he is, hence why Boyd isn't getting much of a look-in. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes so to call the guy a tit for players not looking after themselves is very unfair.

Just my opinion m8, I dont think his role is significant as I havent noticed any really differences as a result of his methods.

Some points:

The team/players played up to 68 games - much more than normal - they must have been very fit to reach a European Final, win two cups and go to the last game of the season. When the Tims went to Seville they played less games and still could win nothing in Scotland. The UEFA Cup run takes a lot of energy.

Boyd not sharp? He won two cups for us. Just think then what a so called "fit" Boyd could do.