Islamic Student Account

allyharp

I will also have you know that LLOYDS TSB is the most improved bank for .....

CATERING TO THE NEEDS OF GAYS AND BISEXUALS.

(i work for them and it was on our intranet)

I am not too sure how someone of that sexual nature, or faith as per the first post needs a bank to change in anyway to improve the service to cater to such needs?

An interesting Lloyds TSB bank account - http://www.lloydstsb.com/current_accounts/...ent_account.asp

"Enjoy all the features of our Student account without compromising your faith."

What features of a standard student account might compromise Islamic Faith? :unsure:

What next??????

Open an Extreme Islamic Student Account and get a free rucksack?

:(

I will also have you know that LLOYDS TSB is the most improved bank for .....

CATERING TO THE NEEDS OF GAYS AND BISEXUALS.

(i work for them and it was on our intranet)

I am not too sure how someone of that sexual nature, or faith as per the first post needs a bank to change in anyway to improve the service to cater to such needs?

free vaseline?

An interesting Lloyds TSB bank account - http://www.lloydstsb.com/current_accounts/...ent_account.asp

"Enjoy all the features of our Student account without compromising your faith."

What features of a standard student account might compromise Islamic Faith?  :unsure:

What next??????

islamic people don't like to recieve interest on their money or something like that, i remember reading about it

Islamic accounts don't pay interest on the amounts saved, as this is contrary to the teachings of Islam. Until the 1700's, gaining from charging or receiving interest was also frowned upon by Christianity.

EDIT: Just posted this and saw Alba beat me too it. and yeah, Islam does prohibit usury.

What features of a standard student account might compromise Islamic Faith?? :unsure:

What next??????

islamic people don't like to recieve interest on their money or something like that, i remember reading about it

The vast majority of islamic people are peace loving people who hold deep religious beleifs.

BUT... there are some sick so called Islamic mentors who brainwash the few to cause extreme pain to innocent people.

What features of a standard student account might compromise Islamic Faith?? :unsure:

What next??????

The vast majority of islamic people are peace loving people who hold deep religious beleifs.

BUT... there are some sick so called Islamic mentors who brainwash the few to cause extreme pain to innocent people.

i don't think not believing interest makes you bad :unsure:

Guest TheQueensXI

Muslims, by Sharia law, cannot recieve interest on money, so their accounts do not gain any. This also means their cash is not used by the institution and invested elsewhere.

Its fair enough to be honest - i remember in Saudi Arabia MasterCard released a card which charged no interest.

Anyone can sign up for one of these accounts and you dont have to be a follower of Islam.

Muslims, by Sharia law, cannot recieve interest on money, so their accounts do not gain any. This also means their cash is not used by the institution and invested elsewhere.

Its fair enough to be honest - i remember in Saudi Arabia MasterCard released a card which charged no interest.

Anyone can sign up for one of these accounts and you dont have to be a follower of Islam.

Correct, TQXI.

for me though, rather than avoiding interest, I'd rather invest in ethical investments like those offered by the Co-Op bank. That way you aren't putting your money into the global arms trade and so on. (tu)

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk

But do you get a free rucksack?

Only joking.

Muslims, by Sharia law, cannot recieve interest on money, so their accounts do not gain any.  This also means their cash is not used by the institution and invested elsewhere.

Only joking.

:lol:

Guest TheQueensXI
Muslims, by Sharia law, cannot recieve interest on money, so their accounts do not gain any.  This also means their cash is not used by the institution and invested elsewhere.

Only joking.

:o :lol:

never knew that !! :ph43r:

Muslims, by Sharia law, cannot recieve interest on money, so their accounts do not gain any.? This also means their cash is not used by the institution and invested elsewhere.

Only joking.

Is that bordering on racism? Or is the joke acceptable? :ph43r:

Guest TheQueensXI

Only joking.

Is that bordering on racism? Or is the joke acceptable? :ph43r:

depends if you told it on big brother or not...