Scolari New Chelsea Gaffer

good appointment.

when was the last time he managed a club!?

I think the commentator during the Portugal game said that it was 2001. A long time to be out of club football so it will be interesting to see how well he adjusts to the dailly grind of club management again.

good appointment.

when was the last time he managed a club!?

I think the commentator during the Portugal game said that it was 2001. A long time to be out of club football so it will be interesting to see how well he adjusts to the dailly grind of club management again.

According to Wikipedia Chelsea will be his 20th managerial post, i never recognised half the names, mostly Brazilian and Arabic.

Excellent appointment for our Blues Brothers. :crabblue: A manager with great tactical knowledge and will not take shit from the players. As said before it will be interesting to see how he handles club management and the players he will bring in. He will have loads of respect from the Portugese and Brazilian players. Maybe a few will come in? :pipe:

is Scolari not known for "anti-football" as well?

i thought Abramovich's thing was to find someone who would play attractive flowing football, and i was under the impression Scolari was a 4-5-1 man who preferred a tight defence and counter attacking style <cr>

maybe i've got the wrong guy?

I didnt see any reason to sack grant .. he had less time then jose n still took them to the champs league final .. he had a better record then jose if am correct as well

however phil is alot mroe experience and i think he will do a great job of retaining the title

Scolaris 4-5-1 is completely different to ours. They have 3 players behind the front man which can include Quaresma, Simao, Ronaldo, Deco and Nani among others. They don'y have many great strikers so for me the 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for them. Doing okay so far in the Euros.

I am excited about this...I would like to see some more flair players in the EPL and Scolari should be able to attract some big names.

I liked Grant, there was something sweet about him.

I think Chelsea can make a big mistake in the choice.

What successful experience with the European club does have Scolari? No!

scolari4.jpg

It's a good point but I sometimes wonder if you are able buy the very best and most experienced players, as Chelsea are able to do, then the players can run the team perfectly well on their own and the managers interventions will probably only muck it up ... after all it has been said that the senior players ran the Chelsea team last season