Where has all the money gone?

JTP

A quote from a story in the record today:

However, Smith is working on a shoestring budget of his own this summer and - with little more than £6m available to him - he could be faced with a very difficult decision if a big bid comes in.

WTF?

I thought we bid £5-6m for the Italian in January and that budget was also still available to WS this summer? So basically after selling Hutton for £9m and raking in around £25m from Europe then WS got F... All ?

Fkn get a grip Murray and get the cheque book out.

I'm afraid £6m will NOT see us compete, we really lack any quality.

However, Smith is working on a shoestring budget of his own this summer and - with little more than £6m available to him - he could be faced with a very difficult decision if a big bid comes in.

WTF?

I thought we bid £5-6m for the Italian in January and that budget was also still available to WS this summer? So basically after selling Hutton for £9m and raking in around £25m from Europe then WS got F... All ?

2 issues

1 - you read this in the rhebal - so lets question its accuracy for a start.

2 - if you tell teams you have got £25m to spend, prices suddenly start getting hiked up - look at Chelsea and how they have paid over the odds for players. Lets see how much money we spend come August and if we havent spent enough, or more to the point, if we havent brought in quality, then we get on their backs.

Granted its journalism so the accurancy may not be spot on, HOWEVER, I don't think we'll spend much more than that which is very very worrying!

It also depends on shifting the dead wood (Cousin, Buffel, etc)

WTF?

2 issues

2 - if you tell teams you have got £25m to spend, prices suddenly start getting hiked up - look at Chelsea and how they have paid over the odds for players. Lets see how much money we spend come August and if we havent spent enough, or more to the point, if we havent brought in quality, then we get on their backs.

A very responsible post mate. (tu)

Not enough of these on here lately. Seems to be too many doom and gloom merchants.

Welcome to the site by the way. :lol:

WTF?

2 issues

Well put mate, and welcome to the site, at least £6 million is double what another paper was quoting recently! :lol:

While I concur with what has been said I feel we need at least 1 new signing to excite the supporters

We would have to sign Ronaldinho to excite some of the guys on here. doh

No we need quality not another squad player :craphead:

While I concur with what has been said I feel we need at least 1 new signing to excite the supporters

No we need quality not another squad player :craphead:

:lol::lol:

...I don't think we'll spend much more than that which is very very worrying!

Should it really matter how much we spend or how much quality we bring in? The two things dont neccesarily go hand in hand.

A lot of people got worked up when we went for the 'inferior' one of the Hibs midfielders just because we got him for a lot less. The more I see of thomson (i may be biased - i think he's a great player) and what tim mates have told me about Brown, we easily got the better deal.

...I don't think we'll spend much more than that which is very very worrying!

Should it really matter how much we spend or how much quality we bring in? The two things dont neccesarily go hand in hand.

A lot of people got worked up when we went for the 'inferior' one of the Hibs midfielders just because we got him for a lot less. The more I see of thomson (i may be biased - i think he's a great player) and what tim mates have told me about Brown, we easily got the better deal.

Agree with that. But how good would it have been to have got the two of them?

Two guys, who are best mates, playing for each other and playing for Rangers? :rangers:

would never get a game with all the stars that we have in our team. :rolleyes:

would never get a game with all the stars that we have in our team. :rolleyes:

But he could entertain the crowd with his Mr Woo impersonation. :lol: