Novo - We Need Midfielders!

Davy

Nacho Novo has called on Rangers to bring in a new midfielder to replace injured star Barry Ferguson.

Gers skipper Ferguson is set to miss the first three months of the season after undergoing ankle surgery earlier this month.

Novo admits losing Ferguson is a major blow to the side and he believes the Glasgow giants need to bring in a quality signing to provide cover for Ferguson.

"Barry is a right-sided midfielder and we don't have anyone," Novo told the Sunday Mail.

"We have Charlie Adam but he's left-sided just like Kevin Thomson so we need someone else.

"We've picked up a few injuries and there aren't many players left. DaMarcus Beasley and Barry have picked up knocks and are important players.

"It's a big squad and we'll do everything we can to compensate because we need to be ready for the European qualifiers.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3841784,00.html

we need at least 2 midfielders imo. We dont have strength in depth in midfield at all. There are talented players in our under 19s/reserves but walter would rather play more experienced players out of position which pisses me off. Give me furman over mcculloch in midfield any day.

IMHO It just goes to show the level of frustration/anxiety that exists within the team when wee Nacho comes out and makes this statement. I have racked my brains trying to work out why Walter has not made this a priority and the only conclusion I can come to is that he is well aware and is currently negotiating to bring in a couple of quality midfielders. Please :(

We need a lot of things to mount a real challange my fear is WS might not see it until its to late

:rolleyes:

He has a point, can we not wait a bit before going after folk just 'cause of their post count (unless extremely obvious) and if you have a suspicion then pm the admin/mod team like asked?

We need a lot of things to mount a real challange my fear is WS might not see it until its to late

:rolleyes:

He has a point, can we not wait a bit before going after folk just 'cause of their post count (unless extremely obvious) and if you have a suspicion then pm the admin/mod team like asked?

Yes, Gaffer. :unionflag: