Bougherra happy despite CL exit

Boab

"When you come here you know that Rangers will play every season in Europe, and it's a dream for the players.

"I was very disappointed sitting in my room ... it was raining, and I didn't feel good.

"Afterwards it was brighter and I thought 'My contract is four years' - and we will win the championship and there will be no worries.

"Of course, European football was a big reason for me coming here.

"I saw the UEFA Cup final last year and I knew that there would be the chance of Champions League football every year, so it was a dream.

"I want to play in the Champions League next year. But I can wait for Europe - it's no problem. I am 25, so I have time to play in Europe."

Bougherra recently revealed he was on the verge of signing for West Brom before last season's UEFA Cup finalists swooped and he opted for the SPL instead.

He added: "I never thought I had made a mistake.

"When you go to a big club everybody phones you, your family and friends and says it's fantastic.

"It was frustrating watching Rangers go out. But now it's behind us, and we're concentrating on the league and we want to win trophies."

Bougherra made his competitive debut in Saturday's SPL opening-day win at Falkirk - and is now looking forward to his Ibrox bow against Hearts next week.

He said: "We had a meeting on Friday with the gaffer and the coach and he told us that the fans would roar us on if we did well - and if not we would have a very bad season.

"We won, and that is a big help. We have to give '200%' every game for the fans, because there are 50,000 in every game at Ibrox.

"We didn't play our best football against Falkirk - but even though they had pressure, we kept them out and won three points."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3964178,00.html

Guest therabbitt
Poor sod.

I have the impression he is just trying to make us feel good, I cant be bothered with these new players who know nothing about us or the club coming in and talking to us as if we are fucking daft :angry2:

What would you rather he said?

Poor sod.

I have the impression he is just trying to make us feel good, I cant be bothered with these new players who know nothing about us or the club coming in and talking to us as if we are fucking daft :angry2:

My point is

I cant be bothered with these new players who know nothing about us or the club coming in and talking to us as if we are fucking daft

Guest therabbitt
good on Magic he is getting stuck in ...I think he will be an excellent partner for Carlos...

Couldnt agree more, think they will link up fantastically. Given the chance!

good on Magic he is getting stuck in ...I think he will be an excellent partner for Carlos...

Its going to be a rough ride on the nerves up to midnight August 31st ie that we keep hold of Carlos

Guest therabbitt

Its going to be a rough ride on the nerves up to midnight August 31st ie that we keep hold of Carlos

Too right. I'm almost just as scared about what other players we might sign though!

Poor sod.

My point is

I cant be bothered with these new players who know nothing about us or the club coming in and talking to us as if we are fucking daft

You/that still makes no sense.

Poor sod.

My point is

You still make no sense.

You know what he means though!

Players always come here, "I love Rangers, there a massive club...lets win the league and be good" blah blah blah!

The players cant really say anything else can they?

"Im glad i signed for Rangers, they're paying me 3x my old club...i can play in Europe and get spotted by a bigger team and then sign for them!"

Im not saying he is like that and its maybe a wee by cynical but these stories always annoy me!

It would be pretty hypocritical of him to come out and say "oh well, Europe doesnt matter anyway" considering he only said last week that the Champions League was his main motive for signing.

I really like him. He comes across as a really intelligent guy both on and off the pitch.

Guest therabbitt

Exactly, he said he was disappointed, of course he is, we all are. But like he also said, he realised his contract is for four years. Europe will come.

Guest therabbitt
I say it again, what else would you rather he said? His hands are tied.

Its better he said nothing, we have too many talkers who produce nothing

Im sure he was asked the question as part of an official Rangers question and answer session at Murray Park or via a Rangers sanctioned interview. Sincerely doubt he rang up the paper to share his views.

Really annoys me when people lambast our players for saying things in the papers when they should "just keep their mouth shut". I'm sure many of our players would quite happily not turn up for Q&A sessions given half the chance.

Im sure he was asked the question as part of an official Rangers question and answer session at Murray Park or via a Rangers sanctioned interview. Sincerely doubt he rang up the paper to share his views.

Really annoys me when people lambast our players for saying things in the papers when they should "just keep their mouth shut". I'm sure many of our players would quite happily not turn up for Q&A sessions given half the chance.

But he is stating the obvious as if we were not aware of it and as I said

Talking as if we were daft, we have heard it all before or maybe some like to hear it every week

Guest therabbitt

But he is stating the obvious as if we were not aware of it and as I said

Talking as if we were daft, we have heard it all before or maybe some like to hear it every week

This could go round in circles, what else could he say?

He is only trying to intimate that he is happy he signed for us and that crashing out of Europe has not changed his mind. Is was probably one journo's attempt to get a story out of him, considering he was quoted when he singed at saying Europe was one of the main reasons he chose Rangers.