Football fan base,where do we stand?

polar bear

Manchester United due to their so called fans in Ireland, China, Pakistan, Cambodia, Ghana and Peru.

Probably Riverplate or Boca with a localized fan base

I think it said on Football Factories International that Flamengo have something Like 30 million in Brazil alone

I'm sure we were in the top 8 last time one of those lists were released.

A buddy of mine(a Bear) just call to say that he and a fellow worker(portuguese guy, Benfica fan) are arguing over who has the biggest fan base.

I've heard they have a pretty big fan base world wide(Brazil maybe),but surely not as big as ours eh? :unsure:

A buddy of mine(a Bear) just call to say that he and a fellow worker(portuguese guy, Benfica fan) are arguing over who has the biggest fan base.

I've heard they have a pretty big fan base world wide(Brazil maybe),but surely not as big as ours eh? :unsure:

haha just posted about benfica, beat me to it (tu)

Benfica are a massive club, I wouldn't be surprised if they were up there.

Must get a lot of support from the many Portugese colonies.

The important thing is that we are bigger than celtic. :rangers:

But do they not have 3 Hundred Trillion fans.................still on there way back from Seville?

plus 1 hundred million who stayed

I fucking wish.

Mate of mine got what he said was a FIFA listing.

Real Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Man U

Bayern Muniich

Boca Juniors

Barcelona

Liverpool

CELTIC

Arsenal

RANGERS

Sao Paulo

Inter

Benfica

Atletico Madrid

Ajax

In that order apparently.

I've just copied from e-mail he sent me a whhile ago. Doesn't make much sense to me. Probbly a windup, tho, being a ManUre fan you'd expect to seethem at the top.

It says on Wikipedia that Celtic have 9 million (I know Wiki can be a piss-take but it has a source from The Scotsman saying it as well) which include 1 million in North America <cr> doesn't mention how many we have. Read in the UEFA Cup final program that we have 750k registered fans whilst Zenit had 12,000. Half of Portugal support Benfica and Man U have most fans in the world. Not many clubs can take 200,000 fans to a match though :cool:

You have to describe what a real fan is.

Yeah sure, ManUre have a lot of so-called fans over the whole world, but for example Juventus have the biggest amount of fan clubs in the world.

I think Rangers rank in the top 10-15 when it comes to REAL fans.

Yeah, Wiki can be real inaccurete at times, but a real measure would have to be within a certain radius of the ground. That would bring a lotta clubs down. Who could have more than us that way?

RM, Barca, Bayern, Milan, inter, Juventus, a few Brazilian teams from massive cities and maybe the Buenos Aires big 2. That's put us in top 10 or 12 I think. Its hard to measuer these things.