Rangers in a British League?

Poetry_In_Blue

We have read reports in the past about Rangers trying to join the EPL and were even willing to join the lowest tier of English football and work our way up, obviously this never happened.

Recently though Gordon Brown has insisted that he wants a British Team for the 2012 Olympics and even though FIFA/UEFA have been indicating that if this does happen then we could lose the right to have national teams. Now if this were to happen it could also then be argued that we shouldn't have individual competitions and leagues in the different national countries but we should have British Leagues, and have the best British teams in a British Super League.

If it was possible for this to happen then Rangers would finally be playing against the best that Britain has to offer and also reap the monetary benefits.

The main reason that english teams can buy players worth £20, £30m each, is mainly due to sky sports paying £2.8m per game that they show - compared to the £100k setanta give each SPL team.

With that cash, i recon we'd be much much better than we are now (and we are superb right now) and i also recon, with the cash that the EPL have coming in, we could be contenders for to win the champ league.

Would i change the SPL for a UK League? - i dont know.

Would i want to lose the Scottish Football National team? Nope - i think that Scotland v ENgland today, Scotland woudl win simply because of the way we play in huge games compared to england (France and Croatia are 2 games that come to mind)

The three home associations, Scotlands, Wales and Northern Ireland are all against this so team GB wont happen without their approval. There's going to be a referendum in 2010 which might make all this talk academic.

u meaning the snotty nose partys "split" scotland from the rest of the UK? that wont happen - i cant see people allowing that go go ahead.......

BUT.. if there is a team GB.. then there is an argument that there cannot be an SPL/EPL etc.. there must be a British league -- which would benefit us...

But losing our national identity is not something I'm interested in. Status Quo must rule here.. imho of course...

The three home associations, Scotlands, Wales and Northern Ireland are all against this so team GB wont happen without their approval. There's going to be a referendum in 2010 which might make all this talk academic.

There will be a British team in the Olympics. Whether it has players from Wales and Scotland is the only thing it is up for debate.

Might end up a team full of English players representing Britain, with a Scottish Manager