Surely a swing being seen?

Danny

Do you remember the 9IAR era and indeed the DA era? What was the press like then?

9IAR era was mainly a time when sectarianism wasn't seen as talking point. Go figure we received no harsh press.

DA time we did.

You see a pattern emerging here?

Or is that only applicable in your wee equation?

Wait a minute - you're seriously telling me 9IAR, an era following 3 OF players receiving CRIMINAL RECORDS including one for Graham Roberts for orchestrating an Ibrox-wide chant of the BILLY BOYS wasn't a time where Sectarianism was seen as a talking point.

A time where Celtic signed Anton Rogan, an Irishman who received sectarian abuse?

Are you the most paranoid Rangers fan on this forum?

That wasn't during 9IAR Danny.

Huh?

Maybe? Again though.....are you mentally ill?

Youre on thin ice here Jiminez. My advice is to discuss, not name-call. Thats all I have to say.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not write that you are right or wrong. I do remember 9 in a row and before that too, one line of a song. Does everyone remember how it started?

" Super Rangers, super Rangers no likes us we don't care............."

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I will not write that you are right or wrong. I do remember 9 in a row and before that too, one line of a song. Does everyone remember how it started?

We still sing it.

The following line you are looking for is 'We hate celtic. fenian bastards and we'll chase them everywhere'

I will now of course be told I'm wrong and folk will quote me articles of the past proving the 'mhedia are out to get us'.

I don't believe that for one second.

I don't accept the conspiracy against Rangers from the media at all - I believe in one thing only about papers: circulation figures dictate advertising income and so that is their god. And they will write any old shite if it sells papers.

Rangers are big news, so any story regarding the club - good or bad - will feature. Bad news, scandal etc simply sells more papers. Fact.

anton rogan was abused at international games only, i dont think he suffered any sectarian abuse against rangers.

We did however compare him to an elephant due to his wandering arm.

I'm sure the easily offended on here can work out an angle

We still sing it.

The following line you are looking for is 'We hate celtic. fenian bastards and we'll chase them everywhere'

I know the words, lol! But if you think about when that song came about and how it adds an interesting twist to this thread!

P.s I do know it's still being sung

I will now of course be told I'm wrong and folk will quote me articles of the past proving the 'mhedia are out to get us'.

I don't accept the conspiracy against Rangers from the media at all - I believe in one thing only about papers: circulation figures dictate advertising income and so that is their god. And they will write any old shite if it sells papers.

Rangers are big news, so any story regarding the club - good or bad - will feature. Bad news, scandal etc simply sells more papers. Fact.

Yet that smacks in the face of Danny's summnation that the team winning are exempt.

anton rogan was abused at international games only, i dont think he suffered any sectarian abuse against rangers.

We did however compare him to an elephant due to his wandering arm.

I'm sure the easily offended on here can work out an angle

I thought he was their best player! lol

Yes, but the point is they whip up hysteria and create their own hate campaigns, good stories that see an uplift in sales are milked to absolute fuck for as long as possible.

See the Daily Express Diana insanity, or the farcical Maddy McCann obsession last summer.

Basically the media will create a Demon out of anything they can if they get a whiff. Since Manchester and the banning of BB etc, we're a big way of doing this in Scotland. Which is why stopping buying these papers (at least on days these stories are running) is a good idea. Even not clicking on the sites. It all shows the scum editors of these rags that there is public interest in these stories and they'll run with them again in the future.

Yes, but the point is they whip up hysteria and create their own hate campaigns, good stories that see an uplift in sales are milked to absolute fuck for as long as possible.

Exactly my point! It's all about the money. Does anybody really think that shareholders in, say, Trinity Mirror or News International dotted all over the world give a flying fuck about anything else except their dividends?

Yet that smacks in the face of Danny's summnation that the team winning are exempt.

No one is exempt. If it sells papers - a story is in.

Not true. The press could have steamed ahead with many anti - Cetlc rateted stories in the past but chose not to do so. They didn't. Ask yourself why!

Is it 'cause like Danny said they won a couple of matches or because their PR department would have destoyed any said paper who dared print it?

We should be told :rolleyes:

Guest Andypendek

I'm sorely tempted to agree with Danny, because I agree with his basic premise that the side on top gets an easier ride. However it's a bit early for that...we could still end up winning hee-haw this season, after all. So I'm unsure how quickly the media would get behind the Rangers based on Sunday's result. In two minds, basically.

I agree with Minstral re. Rogan, he got abuse but so did the other 10 they had on the pitch. One of my happiest memories is sitting in 'Colliers' pub, along with about 20 others, waving one hand about in the air and singing 'let's all do the Anton, lets all do the Anton!' Happy days. Personally, I always liked to see Rantin Anton's name at No.3 for them. Usually a guarantee of a penalty, or at least some amusing entertainment in the 2nd half (West Enclosure in those days).

Specifically on Lennon, it has been noticable that it's been the more excitable, desperate to be noticed columnists who have tried to put the boot in. The screaming headlines and po-faced editorials blaming us for all society's ills has been missing. Hopefully a good sign.

I'm sorely tempted to agree with Danny, because I agree with his basic premise that the side on top gets an easier ride. However it's a bit early for that...we could still end up winning hee-haw this season, after all. So I'm unsure how quickly the media would get behind the Rangers based on Sunday's result. In two minds, basically.

I agree with Minstral re. Rogan, he got abuse but so did the other 10 they had on the pitch. One of my happiest memories is sitting in 'Colliers' pub, along with about 20 others, waving one hand about in the air and singing 'let's all do the Anton, lets all do the Anton!' Happy days. Personally, I always liked to see Rantin Anton's name at No.3 for them. Usually a guarantee of a penalty, or at least some amusing entertainment in the 2nd half (West Enclosure in those days).

Specifically on Lennon, it has been noticable that it's been the more excitable, desperate to be noticed columnists who have tried to put the boot in. The screaming headlines and po-faced editorials blaming us for all society's ills has been missing. Hopefully a good sign.

Wont be righted though?

Job done.

Rangers = bad - Celtic = good

I was right there West enclosure! Oh the days, hail, wind and snow ! :unionflag:

Guest Andypendek

I don't think they need to be righted, though, Jim, because the likes of Martine Maxell or whatever she's called in the Record are purely there to generate controversy - whether they have her or someone else, and whether they're talking about Rangers or moon cheese they'll still be there, and they'll still be talking bollocks to make up for their lack of writing ability. That's just how the media operate in the UK, I don't like it but it doesn't mean they are riding on us any more than they ride on left wingers, fat females, teetotallers or what have you.

I don't think they need to be righted, though, Jim, because the likes of Martine Maxell or whatever she's called in the Record are purely there to generate controversy - whether they have her or someone else, and whether they're talking about Rangers or moon cheese they'll still be there, and they'll still be talking bollocks to make up for their lack of writing ability. That's just how the media operate in the UK, I don't like it but it doesn't mean they are riding on us any more than they ride on left wingers, fat females, teetotallers or what have you.

Oh I know Andy, I know this. But would said journalist be quick to vent her spleen against the dregs of humanity knowing full well a colleague had been sacked from a paper for even remotely attacking ra poops?

You see what I'm getting at?

Team on top, team heading in the wrong direction has nothing to do with it.

Guest Andypendek

I don't know, to tell you the truth.

All I can say is that I've been devouring every word I could find about Rangers in particular and Scottish football generally since round about 1982 and I've seen the swing go one way then the other, and it always relates directly to who is in the ascendency.

I don't know, to tell you the truth.

All I can say is that I've been devouring every word I could find about Rangers in particular and Scottish football generally since round about 1982 and I've seen the swing go one way then the other, and it always relates directly to who is in the ascendency.

Well as football reports go I'd take that as a giving. I see no other way.

But delve deeper and I see a darker more sinister side.