UFC 88: Breakthrough

Wullie!

Sunday Morning at 3am on Setanta Sports 1.

Repeated on Setanta Sports 2 at 8pm on Sunday.

In his first fight since a stunning victory over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 79, UFC legend Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell is back to face undefeated light heavyweight contender Rashad "Sugar" Evans. Will Evans plow through Liddell to jump to the top of the 205-lb. rankings? Or will Liddell successfully continue his crusade to regain the UFC Light Heavyweight Title?

I like Georges St-Pierre and Forrest Griffin.

Shamrock retired in 2006.

GSP (tu)

Liddell will smash Rashad IMO. It's going to be a good event.

Excited about this. Been seeing the adverts non-stop on Setanta and RTV for the past month or so!

I'm looking forward to this as well, Liddell is one of my favourite fighters, has been for years well before he was in the running for title shots.

Did anyone see UFC87? I missed it but wondered what peoples thoughts were on Lesnar? I was on the UFC website today and very surprised to see he's got a title match against Coulture at UFC93 I believe it is. The lad has only had about 3 fights since switching over to MMA, surely its a huge insult to the rest of the fighters that have been plying and learning the sport for years. Coulture is just amazing even at his age and I'm very confident he'll rip Lesnar apart :D

I'm looking forward to this as well, Liddell is one of my favourite fighters, has been for years well before he was in the running for title shots.

Did anyone see UFC87? I missed it but wondered what peoples thoughts were on Lesnar? I was on the UFC website today and very surprised to see he's got a title match against Coulture at UFC93 I believe it is. The lad has only had about 3 fights since switching over to MMA, surely its a huge insult to the rest of the fighters that have been plying and learning the sport for years. Coulture is just amazing even at his age and I'm very confident he'll rip Lesnar apart :D

Lesnar was quite good. Completely dominated Herring but the fight got a bit boring in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

UFC87 was great. All the fights were quite exciting.

Lesnar is an awesome wrestler. NCAA all American champ and not just your average guy with 3/4 fights.

The reason this fight is happening is for the PPVs. Most casual fans will have heard of Brock, so he will be a huge pull in sales and the UFC is a business remember.

Couture will have a tough fight on his hands 'cos Brock will be hungry for this and Randy has not fought for a year.

Hes fighting Kimbo soon is he not(Shamrock)

Just rumours at the moment mate. I think Kimbo would murder shamrock. Even if Shamrock manages to take him to the ground, Slice would still mall him down there.

We should have a little predictions sections for UFC/Affliction or regular MMA fans. Anyway, here's mine:

Main Card

Light Heavyweight Bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans

Light Heavyweight Bout: Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill

Middeweight Bout: Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares

Middleweight Bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann

Welterweight Bout: Matt Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Preliminary Card

Middleweight Bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Jason Lambert

Light Heavyweight Bout: Tim Boetsch vs. Mike Patt

Welterweight Bout: Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan

Lightweight Bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pellegrino

The first two fights are hugely exciting.

I think Rashad (although totally boring style of fighter) will overwhelm the older Liddell and therefore win on points. (athough I hope not)

I think Matt Hamil should have won the fight against Bisping (although I like Bisping) and I think he'll be too much for Jim Carey who's going up to 205 cause he can't get a sniff of a win agains the Spider dominating the middleweights.

Hes fighting Kimbo soon is he not(Shamrock)

Just rumours at the moment mate. I think Kimbo would murder shamrock. Even if Shamrock manages to take him to the ground, Slice would still mall him down there.

Its a goer buddy october 4th :beer2:

Main Card

Light Heavyweight Bout: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans

Light Heavyweight Bout: Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill

Middeweight Bout: Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares

Middleweight Bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann

Welterweight Bout: Matt Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Preliminary Card

Middleweight Bout: Jason MacDonald vs. Jason Lambert

Light Heavyweight Bout: Tim Boetsch vs. Mike Patt

Welterweight Bout: Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan

Lightweight Bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Wow, so it is. He's fighting on the Elie XC card again. I stand corrected. That should be an interesting scrap. Exciting stuff. :-D.

I think the sooner he gets his butt to the UFC the better, they are crying out for top heavyweights.

Kimbo and "top heavyweights" don't really go together :lol:

Wow, so it is. He's fighting on the Elie XC card again. I stand corrected. That should be an interesting scrap. Exciting stuff. :-D.

I think the sooner he gets his butt to the UFC the better, they are crying out for top heavyweights.

Yea i fear a Khan coming on if hes rushed though :mutley:

You don't rate Slice?

You don't rate Slice?

Not really. He's a good puncher but I don't think he's well rounded enough (tu)