I still have my reservations

krisboydsline

look cuffing them at the girodome last sunday was magic, a day i'll never forget but i'm still not sure about the current regime at Ibrox. Not wishing to go over old ground regarding Kaunas but I fear we may be yet to properly feel the pinch for this fiasco. I have no doubt that prize money and tv money will have been factored into next years budget and with the Cuellar money already spent on one good player (Mendes), and alright player (Davis) and an unknown (Edu) we may yet again need to sell a star player such as Mcgregor. Add to this we have clearly sold the most talented striker at the club in Cousin and lumbered ourself with dumplings like Miller, Lafferty and Darcheville. In the long run I fear neither Smith nor Murray is wats needed at our club. Kaunas was our great chance to start again and build somethign new and strong just as Celtic did after their fiasco against Inverness some years ago by sacking Barnes and Bringin in O'Neill.

Walter must go, Murray must go - whos with me fellow bears???????

Walter is leaving after next year anyway, his contract runs out. I definitely want Murray to go though, he constantly lies to us and tries to butter us up with these stories that never happen. The bad thing though is that people believe him.

ps welcome :rangers:

i'm split myself....don't want to dwell on the CL defeat but it was a total sham for the club to lose to such a worthless club. walter however has given years of service to the club, he knows the team, the fans, the metality - i back him and accept that this years europe bid was just a mistake

:unionflag:

look cuffing them at the girodome last sunday was magic, a day i'll never forget but i'm still not sure about the current regime at Ibrox. Not wishing to go over old ground regarding Kaunas but I fear we may be yet to properly feel the pinch for this fiasco. I have no doubt that prize money and tv money will have been factored into next years budget and with the Cuellar money already spent on one good player (Mendes), and alright player (Davis) and an unknown (Edu) we may yet again need to sell a star player such as Mcgregor. Add to this we have clearly sold the most talented striker at the club in Cousin and lumbered ourself with dumplings like Miller, Lafferty and Darcheville. In the long run I fear neither Smith nor Murray is wats needed at our club. Kaunas was our great chance to start again and build somethign new and strong just as Celtic did after their fiasco against Inverness some years ago by sacking Barnes and Bringin in O'Neill.

It's not the girodome anymore that's old hat it's the glitterdome, where wee bhoys get pumped by paedoes ! :sherlock:

It's not the girodome anymore that's old hat it's the glitterdome, where wee bhoys get pumped by paedoes ! :sherlock:

PS- BJK

Yes I can see your point of view and I think the lack of signings in midfield especially and CH before the Kaunas game was ridiculously bad planning by WS and co. I can see not signing another quality CH also coming back and biting us if Magic gets injured. We do need a quality CF too.

WS and Murray got a fright with Kaunas and Cuellar leaving, but that gave us money for some midfielders. It will help a lot too. WS will be more attack minded. We can carry the fight to the opposition. Nevertheless everything seems to happen in a panic and nothing seems well thought out.

Overall the planning this year has been poor. Nevertheless I think we will win the SPL.

Walter should be replaced next season no matter what. We need better planning. More quality less mediocrity.

Rangers are at a standard that will never get higher in the forseeable future, thats what Scottish football has been reduced to

Like it or lump it thats the only way

This result changes little and Kaunas is far from old ground. Walter Smith may win the SPL this season (probably assisted by his abject failure in the CL qualifiers) but he'll still not be more than an average manager IMO. I would like to see Murray go, and take Walter and the rest with him, but I can't see any likelyhood of that.

Murray wants to go but we have no buyer.

Smith was appointed by Murray and has spent over £30million - albeit most of that brought back with the sale of Hutton/Cuellar - so again he won't leave any time soon. It seems quite obvious to me that McCoist and Durrant will take the reigns from him - probably next summer if we win the league.

I remain unconvinced by any of these people. Winning the league would go some way to improving that point of view but there are more questions than answers at this stage.

Murray wants to go but we have no buyer.

Smith was appointed by Murray and has spent over £30million - albeit most of that brought back with the sale of Hutton/Cuellar - so again he won't leave any time soon. It seems quite obvious to me that McCoist and Durrant will take the reigns from him - probably next summer if we win the league.

I remain unconvinced by any of these people. Winning the league would go some way to improving that point of view but there are more questions than answers at this stage.

Agree with all that except winning a two horse race against a bit of a donkey will be very unlikely change my point of view (not that I'm convinced we will win it). Just like Strachan's TIAR has not filled me with admiration of his qualities.

Agree with all that except winning a two horse race against a bit of a donkey will be very unlikely change my point of view (not that I'm convinced we will win it). Just like Strachan's TIAR has not filled me with admiration of his qualities.

Too true.

It's easy to get bogged down in negativity though. Yes, the SPL is a two horse race. Yes, the Kaunas result was disgraceful. Yes, not winning the league for at least 3 years is shameful. But there have been a few good things which we should be building on.

A league title this season would hopefully restore confidence in all areas of the club because, to me, Rangers are currently a house of cards and it's this fragility of morale/belief/spirit that is contributing to our downfall.

Of course when you have a leader that doesn't want to be here that will immediately cause such problems. That's why - no matter our personal opinion on SDM - it's imperative he leaves.

Too true.

It's easy to get bogged down in negativity though. Yes, the SPL is a two horse race. Yes, the Kaunas result was disgraceful. Yes, not winning the league for at least 3 years is shameful. But there have been a few good things which we should be building on.

A league title this season would hopefully restore confidence in all areas of the club because, to me, Rangers are currently a house of cards and it's this fragility of morale/belief/spirit that is contributing to our downfall.

Of course when you have a leader that doesn't want to be here that will immediately cause such problems. That's why - no matter our personal opinion on SDM - it's imperative he leaves.

Couldn't agree more with that. As soon as I heard he wanted out I thought the sooner the better for all concerned. I'm not a Murray hater but an institution like Rangers FC needs an owner with enthusiasm for the task. TBH I'm finding it difficult not to be negative (I know, I know, you've noticed ;) ) as we look no closer to getting a new owner than when it first became apparent we are up for sale.

Yet another post for change without away forward, but at present you don’t change a winning team you merely allow them to progress and see how far they can take you. At present there is signs of real progress at last therefore to dismantle that and start again would make no sense. I would leave well enough alone and see what the season brings