• Yes, but I was only very little
    • No.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was at the game and back to swallow hotel with the team for a few beers

Where have all the good times gone ? :sherlock:

back then all the players had mates that went to the pub with them now you hardly get a player to attend a function

It's pure shite, they should be willin to go to a function at the drop of a hat ! Thats poor PR ! Got to be changed ! :sherlock:

was at the game and back to swallow hotel with the team for a few beers

Where have all the good times gone ? :sherlock:

back then all the players had mates that went to the pub with them now you hardly get a player to attend a function

It's pure shite, they should be willin to go to a function at the drop of a hat ! Thats poor PR ! Got to be changed ! :sherlock:

your right mate

i was at 1 function and ricksen was at it and he stayed for 3 hours and went round every table getting his photo taken with everyone there

other functions players phone up and say gaffer wont let them attend utter bollocks as ive known for a fact the same player was in a city centre bar on the same night

20 years old in '85, wasn't at the game. At least I don't think I was.

You weren't on my feckin train anyway. :lol:

I'd have spotted a fellow bear & tagged along. Boring journey on yer tod.

Thank fuck for the confirmation!! A lot of those train journeys from Inverness were hazy to say the least.

It was 1985, near the start of the season.

Unfortunately, i was there.

word for word my answer

Is quite interesting seeing how many posters werent alive, they have missed out on some BAD times haha

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'' ;):sherlock:

Ah, the conundrum of little success and being uncensored or lotsa success but a heavily sanitised support.

Interesting times, wish I was 15 years older.

I wish I was 15 years older too. Then I would have been follow following in the 70's, an era that looked good, fan wise especially, on the tv highlights.

But aye, the 80's were interesting.

word for word my answer

Is quite interesting seeing how many posters werent alive, they have missed out on some BAD times haha

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'' ;):sherlock:

Ah, the conundrum of little success and being uncensored or lotsa success but a heavily sanitised support.

I wish I was 15 years older too. Then I would have been follow following in the 70's, an era that looked good, fan wise especially, on the tv highlights.

it was 3rd last game of the season mate we had just lost to hearts and clydebank the 2 weeks previous

then we needed to beat motherwell to get into europe in last game which we won 2-0

Guest Andypendek

Good to see the majority were alive...RM oldies loyal

I should have been there, being a Johnstone man, but I don't remember it at all. I was certainly there for the Motherwell game...maybe I was only going to home games. Too long ago, man....if you can remember Rangers in the 80s you weren't there...you weren't THERE, man!!!!

I should have been there, being a Johnstone man, but I don't remember it at all. I was certainly there for the Motherwell game...maybe I was only going to home games. Too long ago, man....if you can remember Rangers in the 80s you weren't there...you weren't THERE, man!!!!

i remember them days better than last season as back then i never drank that often

i remember them days better than last season as back then i never drank that often

Aye, the demon drink kpl. Many a day at the footy was "lost" because of it. Particularly when I woke up on a train somewhere in Englandshire after winning the league at Pittodrie. Was only going to Embra!!

First time I heard of Rangers was in 1988. I was collecting stickers and I saw nearly all English players played in England, except Chris Woods marked as "Rangers (SCO)" (I think Glen Hoddle was there as well, and Lineker, but this caught my eye because goalies are first billed on team pages).

First time I saw Rangers in action was fall 1990. when Red Star played them in the Champs cup. Ironically, Partizan I think played Celtic same year in CWC or UEFA cup, so I got a crash course in Scottish football.

I became a supporter somewhere in 1995. when I started playing CM games.

word for word my answer

it was 3rd last game of the season mate we had just lost to hearts and clydebank the 2 weeks previous

then we needed to beat motherwell to get into europe in last game which we won 2-0

I was at both games at Love St that season fishtank, i must have the two mixed up. Once on my tod & once with my pal Bob (RIP). That was the last season i made it to all the games as my eldest daughter was born 3 weeks before we won the title at Pittodrie the next year. I blame the euphoria surrounding Souness' arrival for my early parenthood (still 17)....well, that & a lack of contraception. :lol:

word for word my answer

we were pish most of that season but we started quite well think we won 3 of first 4 games which in those days was good

feck now we lose 1 game and this board goes into meltdown imagine if we had internet back then i would have no fingerprints with the abusive messages i would be posting

I was at both games at Love St that season fishtank, i must have the two mixed up. Once on my tod & once with my pal Bob (RIP). That was the last season i made it to all the games as my eldest daughter was born 3 weeks before we won the title at Pittodrie the next year. I blame the euphoria surrounding Souness' arrival for my early parenthood (still 17)....well, that & a lack of contraception. :lol:

can any of you guys mind when rangers won the cup, they would go back to the hotel in st enoch square and display the cup on the balcony to all the fans.

no mate but remember when we used to win league cup it was taken to panama jaks for a champagne party went to a few of them

The Champions of Europe win that trophy. Dress it up any way you want, the winners get the same trophy now as they always did (albeit a replica).

True, but at the same time, the format and name of the competition have both changed beyond recognition.

I think the only real fair way to sum it up is that both the European Cup and the Champions League are guises of the premier European club competition.

We're veering off topic here but i think the title 'Champions League'.

Unlike what used to be the 'European Champions' Cup', many clubs compete in it who are not Champions of anything....

It's inaugural year, the one we nearly got to the final of, 1992/93, it truly was a CL because it was open to Champions only.

That lasted about 5 years.

Then the brand expanded to include runners up and is now the most valuable club tournament brand on earth.

All about the money.

The Champions of Europe win that trophy. Dress it up any way you want, the winners get the same trophy now as they always did (albeit a replica).

True, but at the same time, the format and name of the competition have both changed beyond recognition.

I think the only real fair way to sum it up is that both the European Cup and the Champions League are guises of the premier European club competition.

We're veering off topic here but i think the title 'Champions League'.

Unlike what used to be the 'European Champions' Cup', many clubs compete in it who are not Champions of anything....

...and of course it's not a 'league' in the footballing sense. Champions League is a daft name.

Innaccurate. Not daft.

If it was daft it wouldn't be the commercial success it is.

can any of you guys mind when rangers won the cup, they would go back to the hotel in st enoch square and display the cup on the balcony to all the fans.

I remember when you could shout the players over to the enclosure when they were warming up and get their autograph..

Stand outside the entrance or go and watch them train at the Albion.....i got Ian redfords,Wullie Johnston and davie Coopers autograph one Tuesday i dogged....eh had a day off school.

:lol: I'm the same kpl !!