PES 2009

ofb1988

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, it was poor last year - and one of their biggest changes is a knock off version of Fifa's Be a Pro mode.

I don't expect anything from it.

Think Winning Eleven(Japanese version of PES) did 'become a legend' before FIFA's be a pro, but they didn't include it in the PES titles. So if anything it was FIFA who ripped it off.

To be fair, it was poor last year - and one of their biggest changes is a knock off version of Fifa's Be a Pro mode.

I don't expect anything from it.

Think Winning Eleven(Japanese version of PES) did 'become a legend' before FIFA's be a pro, but they didn't include it in the PES titles. So if anything it was FIFA who ripped it off.

no, all they did was have a fix cursor option and nothing else, the first ever game to use the be a pro style was a game called libero grande for the psx. <_<

No-one has actually came out and said if PES 2009 is any good!

How's it playing?

I was going to ask the same thing, the demo didn't impress me to be honest, i hope the real game is better.

Won't be buying it at the moment after all, i'd rather have Little Big Planet or Fallout 3.

How's it playing?

How's it playing?

I was going to ask the same thing, the demo didn't impress me to be honest, i hope the real game is better.

Won't be buying it at the moment after all, i'd rather have Little Big Planet or Fallout 3.

its defo back near its best if not at its best.

not to sure about online being ok as i want to keep fifa for online.

i like how you can take pics and take your face off em for be a legend.

when the update gets here it will enhance the game.

if i had to choose, im slightly favoring pes at the moment.

Demo's pish, dreadfully pish, ill stick with Fifa.

I didn't like either Demo...bought both games tho, and they both play better than the demos.

But PES is winning my PS3 game time at the mo.

OMG how many times will i say this.

Pro evo demos are ALWAYS crap. Never played a PES demo that i actually liked. Love PES tho.

Nonetheless, hardly the ideal marketing strategy.

Doesn't bother me. Still get a quality footy game at the end of the day.

jr

iv played 3 and won 3 - 5-0, 5-2, 2-1

the online is terrible imo, u get the ball and run. Basically the defence opens up for you just to run thru.

I think ill play fifa online and pes offline :D

jr

iv played 3 and won 3 - 5-0, 5-2, 2-1

the online is terrible imo, u get the ball and run. Basically the defence opens up for you just to run thru.

I think ill play fifa online and pes offline :D

That's why I bought both too (tu) - but to be honest I don't think I'll do much online football once COD5 comes out.

How's it playing?

Played it non-stop today, loving it (tu)

I find it the most frustrating Pro Evo since PES3.

The basic gameplay is fantastic and an improvement on 2008 but the balance of the game is off.

You can dominate a match completely and fire in a million shots and never score, including plenty smacking off the bar or post (you always hit the post and bar in a game at least once or twice) knowing all the time the opposition can just glide up the other end and score when it takes their fancy.

Also the amount of times you'll sky it or miss by a mile when right in front of goal is ludicrous even when you clearly got the angle and power right.

It's so close to perfection but it's let down by some niggly flaws for me so far. I hope they fade away in time because there's so much to like about the game.

legend mode is a blast, however the stupid AI not passing to you when you find space and they simply play it back to the defense.

:lol:

Yeah, I guess in a weird sort of way that's why I like it - it's not straight forward if you play as a midfielder. For example, I was running my nuts off playing for Willem II but we lost 2 goals to defensive mistakes, I ran out of puff halfway thru the second half - got subbed and got dropped for the next match! :D

Had to regain my starting status thru the reserves again :)