Latest rumour on the streets

THEFISH

Given Waldos past history with signing British players that can make an immediate imapct, I would not be in the least surprised if it was a current English Centre Forward - someone like Robbie Fowler (although obviously not him as I dont think he is ready for that move yet) but McCulloch (even tho he's scottish) would not surprise me or Andy Cole (yikes!) perhaps?

Didn't walter try to swap Oleg Salenko for Cole.

Deal fell through when Keegan couldn't find a big enough bucket to put it in.

I'll get me coat pipehorse

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and by the way ricardo you must have been the only person in liverpool that thought walter done a great job with everton. ;)

Actually, there are quite a lot of us who think that.

Not many managers would have coped with a Director that would sell the teams best players without consulting them first. Considering what he took over and the situation at the club with regards to the finances, and the Directors, he did well just saving us from relegation.

and by the way ricardo you must have been the only person in liverpool that thought walter done a great job with everton. ;)

Actually, there are quite a lot of us who think that.

Not many managers would have coped with a Director that would sell the teams best players without consulting them first. Considering what he took over and the situation at the club with regards to the finances, and the Directors, he did well just saving us from relegation.

tbh, minstral's a good guy, but he has a curious bee in his bonnet about Walter Smith, and he's making some strange claims about him.

i will get you some facts very soon, he was terrible at everton, and if he done that well a job why did they get rid of him.

Thing is, you're not an Everton fan and neither am I.

Yet here are a couple of Everton fans disputing your view, and you're ignoring their opinion.

I personally thought he didn't do that well either, but not being privvy to what was going on, I'd rather trust the judgement of a fan of the club, than my own view from a distance.

And stats don't mean much m8 - you can make them say whatever you want.

i will get you some facts very soon, he was terrible at everton, and if he done that well a job why did they get rid of him.

Games-168

Won-53

Lost-65

Drawn-50

Win %-31.54

Smith managed Everton at a bad time!

Fishyface if that IS you on your avatar its more than just a camera angle away from normal.

I cannot believe its you.  I'll give you the benefit 'cause that face in your avatar is from some CARTOON!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I take it the rest o ye all look like feckin Picassos eh ????

AS long as the good lady is happy..Im no askin you lot tae kiss me um a ?? :D (beer)

They got rid of him as unsurprisingly Walter had lost the will to go on. I doubt Sir Alex Ferguson could have steadied the Everton ship at that time, we were in real danger for a couple of seasons, of becoming the new Man City. Yes it was that bad.

Thing is, you're not an Everton fan and neither am I.

Yet here are a couple of Everton fans disputing your view, and you're ignoring their opinion.

I personally thought he didn't do that well either, but not being privvy to what was going on, I'd rather trust the judgement of a fan of the club, than my own view from a distance.

And stats don't mean much m8 - you can make them say whatever you want.

danny i have nothing against walter he is a great guy who done well for us, but i still think he was terrible at everton as he was in his last year at rangers.some of his tactics that year were very poor and when he went to everton they were just the same.

Games-168

Won-53

Lost-65

Drawn-50

Win %-31.54

Considering the situation at the club, that is an even better record than I had thought.

Games-168

Won-53

Lost-65

Drawn-50

Win %-31.54

Considering the situation at the club, that is an even better record than I had thought.

tbh, it's not at ALL bad for Everton. Especially, as you say, given the mess the club was in at the time.

Games-168

Won-53

Lost-65

Drawn-50

Win %-31.54

David Moyes Everton record, look at the players he has had!

211 81 80 50 38.38%

Games-168

Won-53

Lost-65

Drawn-50

Win %-31.54

David Moyes Everton record, look at the players he has had!

211 81 80 50 38.38%

Moyes out now!

;)

not one person has given me a answer if he done a good job why did they get rid of him.

4 years in the job and they thought a younger, highly rated less expensive manager was the way forward. A change.

not one person has given me a answer if he done a good job why did they get rid of him.

4 years in the job and they thought a younger, highly rated less expensive manager was the way forward. A change.

just starting to enjoy this debate, have to log off for a while but i will be back. :P

There are many reasons for Managers departing clubs. They probably felt they needed a new manager as Walter was pretty much pooped out and some fresh blood might get a reaction from the players until the club stabilised.

Why did Liverpool get rid of Houllier? Why did Celtic get rid of Burns? Neither did a particularly bad job. Houlier infact has gone on to win consecutive titles with Lyon.

Houlier infact has gone on to win consecutive titles with Lyon.

Aye, thats hardly the most difficult thing in the world though, is it PB?

:lol::P

My point, is that being sacked, leaving by mutual consent, etc doesn't make you a bad manager/coach. With the possible exception of John Barnes and Lou Macari. :D