Rangers & West Ham- British Alliance

gershammers

i love west ham followed them since lampard senior days have always wanted to go see them not sure if hammers fans would accept a jock

Course they would and do.

They've had very few over the years though. Frank McAvennie and Ray Stewert (the penalty king) are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. Personally I've always found the 'Englishness' of their sides to be pushing coincidence. Saying that, back in the seventies they were one of the very few sides to have a black player in Clyde Best (Bermudan I think).

don hutchison, christian dailly, nigel quashie (bwahahaha!), the great bobby ferguson and of course ulster boys like george mccartney, stevie lomas and iain dowie

but if ur talking about accepting jock FANS, then yeah youd have no worries there. the fanzine has a scottish columnist & that, and the flag stalls sell scots flags with hammers crest on

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love west ham followed them since lampard senior days have always wanted to go see them not sure if hammers fans would accept a jock

They've had very few over the years though. Frank McAvennie and Ray Stewert (the penalty king) are the only two I can think of off the top of my head. Personally I've always found the 'Englishness' of their sides to be pushing coincidence. Saying that, back in the seventies they were one of the very few sides to have a black player in Clyde Best (Bermudan I think).

don hutchison, christian dailly, nigel quashie (bwahahaha!), the great bobby ferguson and of course ulster boys like george mccartney, stevie lomas and iain dowie

but if ur talking about accepting jock FANS, then yeah youd have no worries there. the fanzine has a scottish columnist & that, and the flag stalls sell scots flags with hammers crest on

did john moncur play for hammers as he played for gers in nigel winterburns testimonial

also ian bishop was a gers fan

did john moncur play for hammers as he played for gers in nigel winterburns testimonial

also ian bishop was a gers fan

johnny moncs is a west ham legend mate, played around 200 games for us. never knew he'd played for a team representin gers?! <cr>

bish was a good popular player too

I'll be off to see West Ham next spring for the first time - I cant wait!

you'll be sure of a warm welcome mate. what game u goin to see, where u sittin n all that?

Not sure what part of the ground - my uncle lives in Hammersmith and he'll be arranging the trip. It'll almost certainly be either the Sunderland or Chelsea game.

I'll be off to see West Ham next spring for the first time - I cant wait!

you'll be sure of a warm welcome mate. what game u goin to see, where u sittin n all that?

Not sure what part of the ground - my uncle lives in Hammersmith and he'll be arranging the trip. It'll almost certainly be either the Sunderland or Chelsea game.

ah right well enjoy ur day mate, get to the chelsea game wd be a great atmosphere, or u cd get to sunderland game to cheer against ex-septic roy keane

:unionflag: just fought id say that at west ham yesterday we had similar to ibrox last week where we had the british soldiers walking round the pitch b4 the game and had members of the british legion wiv union jacks and army flags and got a standing ovation from the whole ground and some tears about too. minutes silence was perfect and it was so stirring and emotional. rule britannia :unionflag:

Been to a couple of games since moving to London 18 months ago. Was there yesterday. Really unlucky to loose after being in command for most of the game.

There was a good atmosphere as well although my hammers mates said it'll be a lot better when Spurs come down on the 17th. I'll be going along to that one.

Must say that I wasn't aware of the Rangers connection until after I'd been to Upton Park so pleasantly suprised to find out. Much respect to the Hammers. 'Twist and Shout'.

Been to a couple of games since moving to London 18 months ago. Was there yesterday. Really unlucky to loose after being in command for most of the game.

There was a good atmosphere as well although my hammers mates said it'll be a lot better when Spurs come down on the 17th. I'll be going along to that one.

Must say that I wasn't aware of the Rangers connection until after I'd been to Upton Park so pleasantly suprised to find out. Much respect to the Hammers. 'Twist and Shout'.

spurs games on monday 8th december live on setanta, but yeah i cant wait either to do the yids and harry the turncoat, should be a cracking atmosphere as u say. just leaves you even more gutted when you play that well on saturday and then lose. i should have been celbrating two 4-0s at the weekend. but no change eh? getting robbed by a bunch of scousers

Guest Andypendek

Man, I just had this horrible dream! I dreamt we had got to the UEFA Cup Final, but there was crowd trouble. When I went on RM after the game, it turned out it was fans of English teams which had helped cause the bother, but we got totally blamed for it. I remember, in my dream, posting something about not having any links with other teams as it was asking for trouble, then I woke up.

Having a 2nd team is all very well, especially if you've Scots ancestry, but for Gawd's sake let's keep well clear of any kind of alliances.