Ok, cliche thread but what's our best team?

Danny

I know it's done a trillion times but after today it seems to be even more paramount.

With Davis and Miller absent of course for varying reasons technically they wouldn't be chosen, but let us say they were both available.

--------------------AM

Whittaker----Weir----Broadfoot----Papac

--------------Edu

--------------------Davis

Burke--------------------------------DMB

-------------Miller

--------------------Boyd

With both our central midfielders in abject form, and Bougherra struggling badly today, I'd actually be tempted to start with the above team.

However, in light of the actual absentees I'd replace Miller with Novo, and Davis with Mendes.

Am I going mad?

Can't be any worse than the dross we saw today can it?

I know it's done a trillion times but after today it seems to be even more paramount.

With Davis and Miller absent of course for varying reasons technically they wouldn't be chosen, but let us say they were both available.

--------------------AM

--------------Edu

-------------Miller

--------------------Boyd

With both our central midfielders in abject form, and Bougherra struggling badly today, I'd actually be tempted to start with the above team.

However, in light of the actual absentees I'd replace Miller with Novo, and Davis with Mendes.

Am I going mad?

i agree but with mendes in for edu - mendes is still our best footballer. also i elieve davis will get stuck in if he's played in CM - exactly wht we need

--------------------AM

--------------Edu

-------------Miller

--------------------Boyd

Am I going mad?

i agree but with mendes in for edu - mendes is still our best footballer. also i elieve davis will get stuck in if he's played in CM - exactly wht we need

I personally believe Naismith is as good as, if not better than Miller as a player. Once the boys back, i think he'll show a few doubters

--------------------AM

--------------Edu

-------------Miller

--------------------Boyd

Am I going mad?

Mendes probably is our best footballer but if he's not playing like he should, then he's as bad as anyone else.

He has a real touch of class about him but he's been off form for ages and maybe a different combination would help.

Do we have a best team?

Our players are so inconsistant that I don't really know.

I'd almost certainly have Mendes, Thomson, Edu and Aaron in there. Yes, I'd have Aaron in there, and just because others haven't seen a lot of him doesn't mean we're all in that same boat!

He's about 233747093 times the player that Burke is.

Why no Mendes Danny?

Did you see him today?

That's the problem.

He's really not on form - and I don't know if that's a lack of confidence from him or the dross around him. Either way either him with a different partner of a different 2 CM's entirely.

Just thinking out loud tbh.

Do we have a best team?

I'd almost certainly have Mendes, Thomson, Edu and Aaron in there. Yes, I'd have Aaron in there, and just because others haven't seen a lot of him doesn't mean we're all in that same boat!

Ahhhh, Aaron's your Buffel :h34rt:

I didn't include Thomson or Naismith (to address the other guy) as they're both LTI's.

Do we have a best team?

Ahhhh, Aaron's your Buffel :h34rt:

I didn't include Thomson or Naismith (to address the other guy) as they're both LTI's.

:lol: Like the heart!

And yeah, I have faith in the guy just as I did with Buffel.

There is no team just a bunch of individual low standard crap

Brief and disturbingly accurate.

Im happy you appreciate

We all appreciate the truth.

But check out some of the shite in the past few hours mate

I'm just back from work UL :(

I'm probably more negative than usual just now though, I can't see anything past 4IAR for FC Paedo.

It all started to go pear shaped with the injury to Kevin Thomson, he was the ball winner who gave it to the footballer,i.e. Mendes. now the old dinosaur is persisting in Charlie fuckin Adam, who gives it to the opposition or the guy in row Z. I have said it before and i will say it again GIVE EDU A GAME !

My team for now, McGregor

Broadfoot

Bougherra

Weir

Papac

Davis

Mendes

Edu

Beasley

Millar

Boyd

First and foremost, i want the 4-5-1 back.

This 4-4-2 just isnt for me, especially now that Thomson is missing. Hearts had an extra man in there today which made all the difference. Palazuelos and Kingston went like for like with Mendes and Ferguson and Aguiar was allowed to drive forward. His runs caused us no end of problems.

There seems to be this misconception amongst the Rangers support that 4-5-1 means backs to the wall, defensive football. It doesnt, and if deployed correctly, it could suit us to a tee.

With Miller up front, you could slot Lafferty into the "Podolski role" just behind him to the left of centre. For the right side, you could have Davis or even Beasley, with both bringing their own style of play to the role. My suggestion of Davis for the position may raise a few eyebrows, but he has a tendancy to come inside and has recently started to relish the attacking side of his game. Ferguson, Mendes and Edu would create the core of the side in the centre, with Mendes and Ferguson pulling the strings and Edu doing the "donkey work". Idealistically, it's a carbon copy of Man Utd's 4-5-1/4-3-3 "morph".

I've always been of the opinion that you play to your players strengths and frankly, we're not doing that at the moment. It's hard to see what the plan is at times, with it often looking like an incoherent mess.

This 4-4-2 just isnt for me, especially now that Thomson is missing. Hearts had an extra man in there today which made all the difference. Palazuelos and Kingston went like for like with Mendes and Ferguson and Aguiar was allowed to drive forward. His runs caused us no end of problems.

There seems to be this misconception amongst the Rangers support that 4-5-1 means backs to the wall, defensive football. It doesnt, and if deployed correctly, it could suit us to a tee.

With Miller up front, you could slot Lafferty into the "Podolski role" just behind him to the left centre. For the right side, you could have Davis or even Beasley, with both bringing their own style of play to the role. My suggestion of Davis for the position may raise a few eyebrows, but he has a tendancy to come inside and has recently started to relish the attacking side of his game. Ferguson, Mendes and Edu would create the core of the side in the centre, with Mendes and Ferguson pulling the strings and Edu doing the "donkey work". Idealistically, it's a carbon copy of Man Utd's 4-5-1/4-3-3 "morph".

I've always been of the opinion that you play to your players strengths and frankly, we're not doing that at the moment. It's hard to see what the plan is at times, with it often looking like an incoherent mess.

(tu)

There is no team just a bunch of individual low standard crap

Brief and disturbingly accurate.

Im happy you appreciate

We all appreciate the truth.

Some of us do and some of us don't.

With Miller up front, you could slot Lafferty into the "Podolski role" just behind him to the left of centre. For the right side, you could have Davis or even Beasley, with both bringing their own style of play to the role. My suggestion of Davis for the position may raise a few eyebrows, but he has a tendancy to come inside and has recently started to relish the attacking side of his game. Ferguson, Mendes and Edu would create the core of the side in the centre, with Mendes and Ferguson pulling the strings and Edu doing the "donkey work". Idealistically, it's a carbon copy of Man Utd's 4-5-1/4-3-3 "morph".

Can't disagree with that.

Especially the bit in bold.

I don't know one truly successful team that play a flat out 4-4-2 nowadays.