What's the big revelation?

TheFlyingPig

What a fuss over nothing.

It's a piece of common JavaScript thats used to prevent visitors coming to the official site directly from Scotlandsshame.com.

PULSE has pretty much destroyed it's credibility with this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(tu)

So where can i view this source code for myself ?

Go to the Rangers website and view the homepage where all the news is etc.

Right click and go down to "View Source Code" or something similar depending on what browser you use.

i did this and the code in question is still there.

Not sure what it "does" though as the Rangers site seems OK to me. Maybe if you click one of the hundreds of links it sends you elsewhere?

Th

(tu)

So where can i view this source code for myself ?

Go to the Rangers website and view the homepage where all the news is etc.

Right click and go down to "View Source Code" or something similar depending on what browser you use.

i did this and the code in question is still there.

Not sure what it "does" though as the Rangers site seems OK to me. Maybe if you click one of the hundreds of links it sends you elsewhere?

Th

No, the site is fine, if about as inspiring as a visit to JJB sports with £1000 to spend on Rangers gear.

It looks like a simple redirect. The other website, which by all accounts is only there to badmouth us, sends people to the Rangers website, probably by clicking a link. This just sends them back, so that they don't load our website.

The thaigs will be ending themselves over this one.. :angry2:

It's also worth pointing out that the club has knew about this for ages now. FFS, theres regular talk about the code on sites like The Huddleboard and KDS.

An attempt at boosting PULSE's member count perhaps? It's backfired critically in any case.

The Rangers one is easy. You create a frontpage on your laptop, which is pimpso, buy the domain name and then behind the big ENTER button, link it to www.rangersfc.co.uk

Somebody has alerted Rangers to it, so they have set about writing a code to try and take the traffic away, but it isnt working correctly at present. It should be noted the code was rendered half an hour ago so its possible someone is working on a fix as we discuss it.

(tu)

The FBI one is a little cleverer and they dont seem too alarmed about it because my mate e-mailed them a month ago about it and they sent a reply saying they were "investigating" it and were aware of it.

Obviously they dont care (tu)

It's also worth pointing out that the club has knew about this for ages now. FFS, theres regular talk about the code on sites The Huddleboard and KDS.

An attempt at boosting PULSE's member count perhaps? It's backfired critically in any case.

(tu) - Timmy is laughing at FF and PULSE. Another knickers in a fankle, over-reaction moment. Just waiting on the Murray and Bain must go threads. :craphead:

It's also worth pointing out that the club has knew about this for ages now. FFS, theres regular talk about the code on sites The Huddleboard and KDS.

(tu) - Timmy is laughing at FF and PULSE. Another knickers in a fankle, over-reaction moment. Just waiting on the Murray and Bain must go threads. :craphead:

The FF board has apparently crashed due to this. Jesus fucking wept.

A total embarrassment. I wonder how grovelling the Pulse apology will be.

yawn timmy laughs when he looks in the mirror theyre that easily amused.

What a fuss over nothing.

It's a piece of common JavaScript thats used to prevent visitors coming to the official site directly from Scotlandsshame.com.

PULSE has pretty much destroyed it's credibility with this.

So its been put there to stop that link from leading to the official site?

From what i understand, the code is there to redirect visitors from Scotlandsshame.com away from the official site. Bascially, it's supposed to return the visitor from scotlandsshame.com back to the scotlandsshame.com homepage. Obviously, the measure hasnt worked for whatever reason.

I've no idea why they didn't get in a script monkey to check things over before releasing the statement.

What a total and utter embarrassment this is for us. Pulse has made us into a laughing stock.

Ok, i'll have to ask. What/who is Pulse? How are we embarrassed again? Laughing stock?

Have i missed the joke.....again? :ohmy:

What a total and utter embarrassment this is for us. Pulse has made us into a laughing stock.

Ok, i'll have to ask. What/who is Pulse? How are we embarrassed again? Laughing stock?

Have i missed the joke.....again? :ohmy:

I'm sure they're a group that formed around the Calton Radio site. They're a Scottish source for information on Protestanism and Unionism, i think.

It's the fact they were stupid enough to create a press release for such a non story. They advertised the announcement at 2pm today as some sort of huge exclusive that will rock the club. It's highly embarrassing and simply gives Murray more ammo to dismiss the apparent "internet nutters".

The FF board has apparently crashed due to this. Jesus fucking wept.

A total embarrassment. I wonder how grovelling the Pulse apology will be.

no apology forthcoming. quite the opposite in fact, blue-fin is ranting at the end of the 11 pager on FF.

*sigh*