***Rangers v. thescum: Player Rater***

Canadaready

I went pretty low marks for most but Davis and Papac had good games for me. Especially Davis, everywhere I looked he seemed to be fighting for the ball. Ferguson and Mendes weren't great but still not too bad. The rest were fairly poor.

Lafferty and Broadfoot I gave the lowest marks. For Broadfoot it was simply because that goal was absolute shit. Any kid playing football gets drilled with the fact that in defence you get yourself between the player and the ball. Broadfoot proceeded to challenge for a ball that was less than 50/50 round the wring side and presented McDonald with an open shot on goal on his strong foot no less. Extremely poor defending and that goal should never have been scored.

Lafferty I just hate. I know a couple of people on here are saying give him a chance but I don't ever want to give him a chance on the left again. If he gets played up front as far as I'm concerned it's a clean slate for him but on the left he has been very poor. His first possession he had an opportunity to quickly knock it down the line and cross it. It would have required two touches and put a bit of pressure on their defence. What does he actually do? Cuts it in onto his right and tries to beat the plaey. He kept doing this over and over and a defender is going to wise up to the fact you cut it in everytime really quickly. He is too slow and can't win the ball back off players and for such a big lad he seems quite weak in 50/50 situations. Half the blame for this goes on Walter though.

McGregor- 7 Did nothing wrong.

Whittaker- 2 Shocking defender always has been always will be.

Broadoot-5 OK in central defence as long as he is not under pressure, unfortunately that is not always the case and today in the few attacks they had he showed his weakness.

Weir-5 Met his mother in Marks and Spencers last week, she moves her trolley a lot faster than he runs. Time has got the better of him.

Papac-7 Solid in defence despite no help whatsoever from midfield, getting more adventurous going forward. WHY DID HE END UP PLAYING AS A STRIKER,WALTER?

Davis-6 Danger early on but drifted inside too much but I think he was trying to help Ferguson who was off the pace and out of touch in the first half.

Mendes- 7 A professional footballer playing alongside what seemed like unfit and lazy friends. I fear he will soon get fed up trying to create for players who cannot be bothered to look for space or make runs for passes.

Ferguson-5 Annoyingly off the pace, seemed to lack commitment and rarely got near opponents in the first half. Made Hartley and Brown look decent players. Better in the second half but not the player he was or should be.

Adam-1 Unfit, unprofessional, unwilling, overwight and lazy, a pub team player would do better.

Miller-4 Moaned a lot, dived a lot, first touch poor and lacked commitment.

Boyd-4 How many xmas dinners did he eat? Sluggish is a kind description. A number of times he was seen lumbering forward 30 yards behind the ball as the attack reached the box. If Walter picked him to prove that he cannot do the job against Celtic or in big games then he made his point.

Lafferty -3 No first touch, ball control or composure.

Novo-3 Usual urgency and effort but came on 75 minutes too late.

Smith- 1 Team selection, tactics and substitutions wrong again. The usual plan B when things are not working- long high ball to a front line of, in the end, Papac, Boyd, Novo, Miller and Lafferty - a change from the high ball to Miller and Boyd during the game.

This pisses me off, i hate posting especially at a time like this, but can any one tell me what changes you would have made to the team. Most of us are screaming for boyd to play and play 442 and not 451 and walter does it and because they won thats it?